So here's my story

Options
In 2011, at 25 years old, I started a journey to lose a lot of weight. I started at 267 and hit my lowest at 179 the following summer. I was thrilled! Then in 2013 I got pregnant with the baby I lost all the weight to have. Morning sickness brought back bad eating habits. Workouts went out the window. I forgot all that I had worked so hard to achieve. I actually didn't gain too much while pregnant, it was after the baby that the weight started to come back on. Too tired to cook or exercise, I am now sitting at 240 at my son's 2nd birthday, and that isn't counting the 10lbs I've lost since January. Not good...

I want to remember who I was before, when I was proud of myself. So I guess I am asking for some moral support to help keep me on it. My biggest problem this time around is that I have to remember that it isn't going to come back off overnight. The first time, it was all new and exciting, this time I am impatient and anxious to get back to where I was before. I need to get there! :)

Replies

• eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You know how it works and that it does work. You just have to find that motiviation and patience. Have you thought of buying yourself a motivation dress? Something that you want to fit into or something you once fit into that you can put where you will see it and remind yourself why you are doing this?
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You know how it works and that it does work. You just have to find that motiviation and patience. Have you thought of buying yourself a motivation dress? Something that you want to fit into or something you once fit into that you can put where you will see it and remind yourself why you are doing this?

Oh, I have a motivational dress. Not a dressy person, but I wore one to my cousins wedding in 2013 before I got pregnant and it was the most amazing I have felt in years! I dug the file out the other day and put it on my phone to look at.
  • Xxbat_girlxX
    Xxbat_girlxX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you can do it! if you need help I am down to help! I love helping people and supporting them!. Feel free to add me!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    We sound like we have similar situations. My little will be 2 at the end of this month, and I was about 177 before getting pregnant. I also had really bad eating habits after I could eat again through pregnancy... I had hyperemesis gravidarum throughout most of my pregnancy, so if I could keep it down, I ate it... anyways I ended up gaining 75 lbs through pregnancy, then I got pregnant again when little was around 14 months... losing my baby shortly after seeing their heartbeat. It was the lowest depression I ever went through. Anyways... I hit a point I had to change for my family, I couldn't change anything with the loss of my child. I am doing this now stronger than ever. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)