100+++ to lose and don't know where to start!

Options
2»

Replies

• pudgekins
    pudgekins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    oh god thanks so much everybody! i just logged on (still havent my pagefully set up, bear with me) thanks so so much to all who added/requested me, ur support is very much appreciated. to all here who took the time to respond, i will reply to u all! thanks again. day 1 as always was fine. day 2... well its alright. i think i have a habit of being too strict/hard on myself and that has always set me up to fail so i am working on that . i hope u are all having agood day wherever u are. happy to have u by my side xxx
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies, but if no one else mentioned these:
    1. buy a food scale and use it obsessively
    2. stay as far away from restaurants and prepared meals as possible except as an occasional treat
    3. clear your pantry and fridge of trigger foods
    4. get outside and start walking, I lost the first 20 pounds just by adding long walks with the dog. My dog also lost weight, so it was truly a win/win
    5. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!! A "bad" day is only bad if you repeat it the next day
  • lturnbull5
    lturnbull5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Believe me I know exactly how you feel. 130lbs to lose, and not a bloody clue how to do it. Spent loads on slimming world and weight watchers but they dont teach you anything as such. So yeah I know the feeling. At 19st i havent any health issues, yet, but it has to stop now really doesnt it. I'll add you if I can figure out how, I need support too, I'm always around if your having a bad day
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step. Acknowledged you have a problem that needs working on. Everyone here is so supportive so you will fit well. Just be honest with yourself all the time in order to help yourself change for the better. I've sent a request xx
  • Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm also 32 and overweight with high blood pressure. I'm currently trying to lower my sodium intake but it's really hard. I now cook all my own food. I only go to restaurants with nutritional info on a website and pick out what i want (have) to eat before I leave the house.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I dont have any great advice. Last year on my 45th birthday, I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol levels, and close to high blood pressure. My knees hurt everyday and I got winded walking 10 steps. I was depressed and had anxiety. I decided to do something about it. Of course I cut down tremendously what and how much I eat. I began exercising from 1 mile to currently 4+ miles a day. One year and 100 lbs later, I have learned that there is no easy fix.
    It takes dedication, planning, will power, and commitment. I have found that the longer I go, the easier it gets. I had a laser like focus. I did not want anything that I was not supposed to have and it did not bother me. I still have a ways to go, but I now know what I am capable of so I have no excuse to not keep on keeping on.
  • klinckb
    klinckb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. This is my second time using this app.I love it because it keeps me on track and reminds me of my goals- such as keeping my sugar intake down etc. I am a cancer survivor-my last diagnosis was 4 years ago. A lot of steroids in conjunction with chemotherapy left me hungry and feeling entitled to eat whatever I felt like. Hang in there..it's not a race but a process and lifestyle change.
  • jacbianc5290
    jacbianc5290 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS also! feel free to add me. I had 100 lbs to lose and I'm down 57 so far. it's taken a long time but I'm finally getting somewhere with the help of my doctors and yoga, oddly enough!
  • Millerxll
    Millerxll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is an inspirational thread and I'd like to be added. I have become a type 2 diabetic and have high blood pressure, controlled with medication. I also have a disadvantage that most of you don't have--I am 72 years old. I don't feel it until I try to do much walking and then my bones hurt from arthritis. My insurance company has me on one of their trial programs for congestive heart failure and they sent me a lovely bathroom scale and a Samsung notebook that automatically records my weight along with a few questions that they have on it. The bad part of this is that I have to weigh every morning---you all know what that's like! If I miss 3 days the insurance company nurse calls me to see how I'm feeling. I have 80 pounds to lose and I think I will be able to do it with the help and motivation that this group gives. Every morning I hear " Hello, lets see how you're feeling. Please step on the scale." It would be nice to hear "good job" when I'm down a pound or so. Maybe I'll get that here. Thanks.
  • welsh31
    welsh31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 I've lost 61lbs so far I still have 100+ to go! I find this app great and the people on here are inspirational! Always someone here to help! Feel free to add me. X
  • welsh31
    Options
    lturnbull5 wrote: »
    Believe me I know exactly how you feel. 130lbs to lose, and not a bloody clue how to do it. Spent loads on slimming world and weight watchers but they dont teach you anything as such. So yeah I know the feeling. At 19st i havent any health issues, yet, but it has to stop now really doesnt it. I'll add you if I can figure out how, I need support too, I'm always around if your having a bad day

I've done all the classes, calorie counting is the only thing that actually works for me! X

• pudgekins
    Options
    CamWiltsey wrote: »
    Purchase, read, study and live the book "The China Study", it helped me drop 95 pounds!!
    You can actually reverse type 2 diabetes with diet alone, you just need to be willing to do whatever it takes. Trust me, it's worth it! I was on medication for cholesterol, blood pressure, anxiety and depression - then all I did was change the way I ate (then slowly after I started getting the weight off) I then started the excercose routines.

Eat plant based. Go for walks everyday. Watch the weight fall off. I guarantee it if you follow a whole foods, plant based diet.

Best of luck!!!

thanks for that cam, i will check it out. im not a big meat eater as it it so plant based would suit me anyway. so good to hear u are off all ur medication, i aim to follow ur lead in that department!! thanks for the advice, Liz x
  • pudgekins
    Options
    to everyone!
    thank u all for such great advice and support. reading all these has helped me no end to get through these first 5 days. i have replied to nearly everyone, bear with me... some of my replies came with the friend request so i hope u caught that if using the app only.
    have a great friday everyone and you all have raised my spirits so much this week. thanks so much!
    Liz
  • PrincessK90210
    PrincessK90210 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    welsh31 wrote: »
    I'm 32 I've lost 61lbs so far I still have 100+ to go! I find this app great and the people on here are inspirational! Always someone here to help! Feel free to add me. X

same here! I have lost over 60 lbs but have 140 to lose.
  • welsh31
    Options
    welsh31 wrote: »

same here! I have lost over 60 lbs but have 140 to lose.

Yeah I have 140 to go we can do it!!