Anyone else with stomach health issues?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I relate to this so much! And I am glad you all got the help you needed.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was extremely overtreated with antibiotics. Then wrongly prescribed a vasoconstrictor that caused severe nerve pain in my face. I wasn't able to eat properly, or sleep properly, was under extreme traumatic stress, went from active dancer to sedentary. I now have GI problems and can't digest a lot of foods. I am making progress recovering with diet and lifestyle.

Oh wow. That is a horrible story and also why doctors scare me a lot. I am glad you're working through it though. I hope to get back to the way I was before my GI problems as well. You never realize how much it affects your whole life till you go through it.

Thank you! That is so true.

It really is. I have never felt so tired and exhausted as I do now. I can feel so good all day then my stomach attacks me and bam I feel like I was hit by a bus and just want to go home and curl up in a ball. It is hard to get my fiance to understand sometimes how bad it can be. I use to be one of those people who went non-stop. I always was like, "Oh pain. Suck it up." Now I know better. Now I know that sometimes you have to slow down a bit before you break yourself.

I almost died because of the suck it up attitude. I ignored symptoms for years blaming IBS until I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had an emergency colonoscopy and I was days away from perforating and my entire large intestine was ulcerated and inflamed. My iron was 0, hemoglobin 6.0, albumin was super low and I went from bmi 20.0 to 16.3 in 2 weeks and was passing out. I very easily could have died.

I'm sorry to hear that. My whole family is broken because of that attitude too. My dad nearly died several times and despite seeing that I still stuck with his attitude of just work yourself to death. I finally took an office job and let myself slow down a bit. Before I was running a radio shack almost by myself, everyone was quitting because of the radio shack going out of business scare, so I was alone and working myself so hard. And taking imodium too much to stay out on floor. I am glad I gave myself a break though and I am doing a lot better.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Anyone with GI issues can add me too! :-) ♥
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.. I have been dealing with the IBS for 30 years, it controls you!! at age 30 I got a blood clot in my leg n lungs, Then at age 40 I get type II diabetes, 2 years later I got another blood clot in my head (CST) that almost killed me. So my diet, No or very limited green leafy because im on blood thinners for life, minimum carbs because of insulin spikes (diabetes), No dairy of any sort and no soy products because of (IBS).

What a wonderful life..
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    my favorite is trying to go out to eat and having to find a restaurant that is close to home or making sure that you know all the rest stops because your stomach is so sensitive.. Overcome and adapt get a trailer hitch and tow a porta john
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    IBS since I was a teenager - I think it likely goes hand in hand with my anxiety disorder. I have it mostly under control now, thankfully. Greasy food, big meals, dairy (sometimes), and red meat heavy meals all still make it flare up, as does stress, or even just eating very differently than usual. So, smaller portions and healthier food, combined with exercise and managing stress is what has worked best for me.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I think I have IBS

I have something I'm always having tummy issues
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ibs c and SIBO here plus histamine intolerance. Been suffering for years :(
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    IBS-C here. Managing it is a pain
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I have histamine intolerance also (someone else mentioned that).
  • madisonharvell703
    madisonharvell703 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed when I was 16. I have to take protonix everyday because I still have pain.
  • ydyms
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    IBS-C here. Managing it is a pain
    How DO you manage it???

• ydyms
    Options

Could you share some insight on your approach as well?
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My only tummy issue is that it's a bit too large
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    @ydyms

A very long trial and error process of many different products and diets. I don't think the details would be pleasant lol
  • ydyms
    Options
    @ydyms

A very long trial and error process of many different products and diets. I don't think the details would be pleasant lol
    Could you message me?
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    @ydyms

ydyms wrote: »
    @ydyms

Could you message me?

Okay just did :)
  • 1alouette2016
    1alouette2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interesting to read this. I have gallstones and am being advised to have my gallbladder removed but I'm not 100% sure. Doctors haven't been great at talking me through the prognosis with and without the operation. However, I'm in the UK so the operation would be free so I can't see a reason for them advising it if I didn't need it. I'm worried as I do get ibs sometimes especially when stressed and it has started up again recently even though I'm not stressed so I'm assuming it's related to my gallstones. Has anyone else had to decide on the op in a similar position? Will it aggrevate my ibs? Does not having it put me at too high a risk of pancreatitis and other complications?
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ydyms wrote: »

Could you share some insight on your approach as well?

Mine is more localized. Histamine causes pain in the trigeminal nerves in my face. So, I won't go into anaphylaxis. It was worse for about six months. I was on a super low histamine diet. My histamine symptoms improved dramatically. But, that diet led to my GI problems which ended up having an even worse outcome on my health. So, now I eat low fodmap, removed the foods I was intolerant to. And I still eat low histamine, but I added probiotics and even some fermented foods in moderation. I made some improvement in my GI health and related health issues. But, my histamine symptoms are back and disrupting my life. But, I just need to deal, manage, find the balance, and hope I improve. I read The Low Histamine Chef for some potential info. My gut is acting up because I tried adding prebiotics like green plantain, unmodified potato starch. And I tried adding fodmaps like sweet potato and butternut squash. I'm very intolerant to quinoa. Can't really tolerate grains. Quinoa was the worst (but probably because I ate it so much), and I removed legumes. I take Quercetin, bromelain, vit c (but I get enough from food) for anti-histamine. I take niacinamide because it helps reduce my nerve pain. This was all caused by being wrongly prescribed meds.