myheartsabattleground
myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
Only curious :)

Replies

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My bedtime ritual is very simple.
    Before I start getting ready for bed, I like make sure that my bedroom feels nice and light. So, well made bed, no documents lying around on the bed, comfortable temperature, etc...

To get ready, first I put some water to boil in the kettle then hop in the shower. Out of the shower, I brush my teeth, lotion up my skin, put something on (sometimes PJs, sometimes just cami and panties), make a nice (big) cup of herbal tea (camomile) and take my sweet time drinking it while reading or watching some tv or checking MFP.

Usually by the time I'm done drinking my tea, which usually takes me a good 20-30 minutes, I'm sleepy.

Like I said, very simple bedtime ritual, shower, brush teeth, drink tea.

Unfortunately, things don't always happen like this, but I usually sleep much better when it does.
  • saFit247
    saFit247 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Winter : Warm Shower
    Summer : Cold Shower
    Drink 2 cups of warm water
    Complete my MFP Diary
    Catch up on BBC / CNN news /Youtube / Live Leak - Fall asleep
    :)

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    usually after i've washed, brushed teeth etc i'll curl up into bed and read for a while... this can however be as bad as watching youtube vids... before you know it, it's 1am! u__u

or you smack your face with the kindl :lol:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I fall asleep on the couch then hubs comes and tells me to go to bed.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

"fall asleep" :bawling:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

"fall asleep" :bawling:

I don't? I only once fell off the couch but I was dreaming I was skating and fell off the ice
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Jump in bed and read until my wife finishes her bedtime rituals. Then I bang her like a screen door in a hurricane, roll over and go to sleep.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Jump in bed and read until my wife finishes her bedtime rituals. Then I bang her like a screen door in a hurricane, roll over and go to sleep.

I laughed way to hard at that omg.

I usually wrestle my demons, I mean children, into bed then see my husband off to work. Lock up and tidy up. I make a bag of popcorn and grab a rice krispy treat plant my a** on the couch to watch an episode of whatever show I am sucked into (and there are a few to choose from lol). I then wash my face and brush my teeth crawl into bed and read for about 20-30 minutes then im out.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    March around in a circle, chant 3 lines to the gods of sleep, light some candles, sacrifice some cupcakes to the alter, then sleep.

In seriousness- take melatonin and look at my phone until I'm sleepy.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I slaughter a chicken with meat clever and bathe in its blood with warm milk while listening to Coldplay and gently inhaling the smell of incense burning beside me and watching the soft glow of tea light candles flicker across the room.

Puts me right to sleep.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    brush my teeth and then crawl into bed...roll over to see if wife is horned up...sometimes yes, sometimes no...if yes, I pound dat azz...if no, I read.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Put some kibble in the cat's bowl so he doesn't wake me up meowing in the wee hours, wash up, brush teeth, turn out all the lights except my bedroom, curl up in bed and play on my phone until I'm sleepy. (I'm referring to the nights my boyfriend is not there).
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    take a handful of sleeping pills and set my alarm for 4 hours later
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    instagram catch up
    plug in phone
    hair up in a fun-bun
    eye mask
    out cold
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Wash my face, brush my teeth, put on my night cream, put my hair up, check on my son, one last check of the news, social media etc. set my alarm, plug my phone in. Once I finally get in bed I fidget for about 100 years trying to get comfy then sleep :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Only curious :)

Clean my house until I'm exhausted, shower around midnight, lay in bed and pass out almost immediately to wake up to my alarm at 5AM
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Melatonin and a book
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I get dressed for the night and play on my phone until I decide to go to sleep.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    take off makeup, wash face, serum,moisturizer,do something to my hair

chill in bed and listen to a lecture or a radio show until i pass out
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I check the front door and back door three times each to make sure they're locked. Then I take my contacts out, brush my teeth, take off my eye makeup and put coconut oil on my eyelids and lashes. After that I adjust the thermostat, fill the humidifier if it's cold, turn down the bed and get in. I either read or watch YouTube videos on wellness or massage.