New programme - No change!

Options
I'm doing a new eat clean/weight training programme but after 4 weeks there's been no change on the scales, I'm devo!!
I don't burn as many calories as I'm accustomed too for weight loss. I'm eating clean and working out every day, burninv between 200-400 calories but no weight loss?? Photos maybe show a tiny change but I'm witjin my BMI anyway so the change is too hard to notice.
What gives?!
Keep going or cut my losses and go back to what I know - calorie counting and 500 calorie burn!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You still have to count calories even if you are eating "clean". "Clean" eating in its self does not cause weightloss. It is still possible to over eat while eating "clean".
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    You still have to count calories even if you are eating "clean". "Clean" eating in its self does not cause weightloss. It is still possible to over eat while eating "clean".

Agreed not to mention eating clean is so vague and means so many different things to different people.

Only way to lose weight is a calorie deficit. That's why you could gain weight only eating raw veggies and chicken, and lose weight only eating chocolate. It all depends on surplus or deficit.
  • BeinLoved
    BeinLoved Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the number on the scale lies! (Yes, it's true :wink: ) You are probably gaining muscle as well so don't get too caught up on the scale. Make sure you're in a calorie deficit and stick with the weight training. You're probably making more progress than you think!
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Agreed not to mention eating clean is so vague and means so many different things to different people.

Only way to lose weight is a calorie deficit. That's why you could gain weight only eating raw veggies and chicken, and lose weight only eating chocolate. It all depends on surplus or deficit.

+1
    +1

What they both said... Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. You may be eating clean, but how much are you eating? Are you eating at 2,000? More? Less? You can't expect to lose weight if you're not in a calories deficit.

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    You said you're not burning as many calories, but are you still maintaining a deficit? You're within your BMI in what calculation? If it's off a scale, those are not accurate. Are your measurements changing? Clean eating has, as mentioned, nothing to do with losing weight.