1200 Club!

Options
bmackinn
bmackinn Posts: 27 Member
Hey there! I started working with MFP about a month ago, and have a 1200 calorie allotment. I'm looking for people to with similar allotments and an open diary to give/receive support, get food ideas, and share recipes!

A little about me: I am a mom to a 4 year old boy, and we live in Ohio. I started my weight loss journey on Feb., 14th. Since then, I have lost 19.6lbs. I work part time at a pizza shop (Haha, talk about sabotage!), and spend lots of time at home with the kiddo. I hate "working out", but I'm working on that. I do enjoy getting out to walk the dog (and the kid lol) when the weather is nice enough. I am also a chocoholic. You will often see chocolate in its many forms in my diary. Hey, it's all about balance and moderation, right? :smiley:

So, add me, and let's tackle this awesome journey together!

Replies

• lizziexboredom
    lizziexboredom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on about 1400 cals but I usually end the day a few hundred belle that (not on purpose, I just don't eat when not hungry anymore). My biggest tip is to make the bulk of your diet whole foods, mostly fruits and vegetables. They're full of fiber and water which will keep you full. 400 calories of zucchini pasta with sauce, multigrain bread, and fruit salad will keep you way fuller (and provide more nutrients) than 400 calories of chicken nuggets and fries lol.
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bmackinn wrote: »
    Hey there! I started working with MFP about a month ago, and have a 1200 calorie allotment. I'm looking for people to with similar allotments and an open diary to give/receive support, get food ideas, and share recipes!

A little about me: I am a mom to a 4 year old boy, and we live in Ohio. I started my weight loss journey on Feb., 14th. Since then, I have lost 19.6lbs. I work part time at a pizza shop (Haha, talk about sabotage!), and spend lots of time at home with the kiddo. I hate "working out", but I'm working on that. I do enjoy getting out to walk the dog (and the kid lol) when the weather is nice enough. I am also a chocoholic. You will often see chocolate in its many forms in my diary. Hey, it's all about balance and moderation, right? :smiley:

So, add me, and let's tackle this awesome journey together!

wow I am at 1800 and thats rough :S
  • bmackinn
    Options
    It is tough, but doable!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It is tough, but doable!

I know it's doable, but why would you want to? Supposing you didn't have to.....but perhaps you are extremely petite and 1200 is actually reasonable (your not a senior, so that's not it). Most women with 1200 calorie goals simply chose an aggressive weekly weight loss goal.

I eat more than 1200 because I (really) want to keep lean muscle mass loss at a minimum. I'm over 50, and have lost some muscle due to age (and laziness) already.
  • Terrie724
    Terrie724 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am at 1210 a day would love to share...
  • bmackinn
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    It is tough, but doable!

I know it's doable, but why would you want to? Supposing you didn't have to.....but perhaps you are extremely petite and 1200 is actually reasonable (your not a senior, so that's not it). Most women with 1200 calorie goals simply chose an aggressive weekly weight loss goal.

I eat more than 1200 because I (really) want to keep lean muscle mass loss at a minimum. I'm over 50, and have lost some muscle due to age (and laziness) already.

I am 5'4, so no, not extremely petite. I choose to follow the 1200 plan to achieve the 2lb weight loss per week with minimal change to my daily routine. Starting at 211, I'm not concerned about lean muscle loss, as most of what I lose will be fat. If I were leaner, OK, I could see that. So far I have lost at a rate of roughly 1.5lbs per week, which is an excellent, safe rate. That may be an aggressive goal to some, but I'm ready to shed the pounds!