Help please

Options

I'm a 20 year old male, weighing 69kg, and my height is 180cm, I regularly go to the gym (5-6 times a week) and I'm doing 30 minutes high intensity cardio a day, the treadmill is telling me I'm burning around 400 calories, I'm aiming to lose my belly but I'm wondering what sort of intake I should be looking at? and whether I should be doing more exercise or less? any help would be appreciated

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you put your stats and goals into MFP, it will generate a calorie goal for you.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Less exercise, less carbs (below 100 grams/day).
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Do less cardio and lift more weights :)
  • mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You should train/lift. When you choose to do cardio, try to do it on an empty stomach (fasted), moderate intensity (for me this is a 15 incline @ 2.5 - 3.0 mph for 45 mins). You will get great results if you do it and stick to it. You will def burn body fat when you do this.
  • SeanLove27
    SeanLove27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mrcs_jolly wrote: »
    You should train/lift. When you choose to do cardio, try to do it on an empty stomach (fasted), moderate intensity (for me this is a 15 incline @ 2.5 - 3.0 mph for 45 mins). You will get great results if you do it and stick to it. You will def burn body fat when you do this.

Do less cardio and lift more weights :)

I forgot to mention I also lift, I do leg press, incline chest press, shoulder press, bench press, and pull down, I do 3-4 sets of those everyday I go to the gym along with the cardio
  • SeanLove27
    SeanLove27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6kg since I started but my belly doesn't seem to have disappeared?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    SeanLove27 wrote: »
    I've lost 6kg since I started but my belly doesn't seem to have disappeared?

The weight isn't going to come off all body parts equally. It's very individual and, for many of us, the belly is one of the last places to go.