Fitbit charge

Options
hi folks I'm back on my fitness pal after a very very long dry spell. I am also thinking of getting a fit bit charge heart rate monitor and I wanted to know how that would stink, if it even does, with tracking exercise on my fitness pal.

Replies

• checkthestove
    checkthestove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My fitbit syncs really well with MFP. Just make sure you log on MFP only because it will sometimes double if you do it in both places.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Should be fine if you shower regularly.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Should be fine if you shower regularly.

LOL

xany5w5sqcvy.jpg
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Seriously though. If you log your food/drinks ONLY on MFP and let the FitBit do the exercise portion - and make sure you have negative adjustments enabled on your MFP account - it works like a charm. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Nellgirl
    Nellgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how I can stop the calories burned with my FitBit from showing on my diary? I don't really want to see them - only the daily calories for my food. I'd prefer to see steps walked if anything.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I see stink vs sync! Lol-
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nellgirl wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can stop the calories burned with my FitBit from showing on my diary? I don't really want to see them - only the daily calories for my food. I'd prefer to see steps walked if anything.

Just unsync it. But the way MFP was designed to be used is that you eat back your exercise calories, if you choose not to I would up your base calorie goal to account for that fact. That's what I did.
  • Nellgirl
    Nellgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nellgirl wrote: »

Just unsync it. But the way MFP was designed to be used is that you eat back your exercise calories, if you choose not to I would up your base calorie goal to account for that fact. That's what I did.

Thank you. That's really annoying that you don't have the option to turn that bit off. On Nutracheck, you can see what cals you've earned through exercise but it totally separate and doesn't automatically add it to your daily food allowance unless you request it to. I would also like to see the step count from Fitbit but guess you can't have it all. :)
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Can I clarify that by having a fit bit and my fitness pal linked I will not have to log in exercise?
  • karped8
    karped8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exactly. It does it for you