Flavored water

Options
Hey so just wondering, are those little packages you put into your water okay to drink if you're trying to lose weight? I mean you would think that it's better than drinking a pop cause they're usually only 0-10 calories.. Or are they just as bad for you as diet pop?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I think that's a personal decision. There's no reason not to drink diet pop or flavored water strictly from a weight loss perspective. The only reason not to drink them is if you have done objective to the contents.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Neither are bad for you. I drink diet soft drinks daily. I use the powdered drinks when hiking because I want extra calories.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I like Crystal Light Pure. They are sweetened with a little bit of real sugar and stevia. They are also colored with veggie extracts instead of artificial colors.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Both are artificial, just depends what you want to put into your body.
  • Beefjerky8
    Beefjerky8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Be natural drink filtered water! Make the healthy choice!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Squeeze some lemon or add a splash (an ounce or so) of fruit juice to your water. It enhances the flavor without adding many calories or any artificial sweeteners
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nothing wrong with diet soda, nothing wrong with flavored water either. I prefer the taste of diet soda so that's what I drink.
  • MelZweightlossjourney
    Options
    I'm trying to get started consuming more water again, but it can be challenging at times, sometimes you just want something with flavor
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Beefjerky8 wrote: »
    Be natural drink filtered water! Make the healthy choice!

Nothing unhealthy about diet soda or drink packets.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to get started consuming more water again, but it can be challenging at times, sometimes you just want something with flavor

One thing I've recently started drinking is tea. My favorite is mint black tea. I add a few drops of zero calorie sweetener and it's a nice change from regular water. The brand I like is Bigelow.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Both are artificial, just depends what you want to put into your body.

Woo
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are okay.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love the crystal light individual packets that have caffeine :) Only 10 cals per packet and keeps me productive at work. They taste amazing.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I don't think one is worse or better than the other. It is a matter of taste and how many calories you have to spend. I used to be a Coke addict (like 3-4 cans a day) and have slowly switched to unsweetened tea and sparkling water with fresh lemon or lime juice. I still drink Coke from time to time, I have just cut back.

Just count the calories, and drink what you want.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have started making coconut water ice cubes with herbs and fruit in them, I add two to a glass of water. I just started this week, and so far have made lime and rosemary, strawberry and basil, and lemon and ginger ones, the flavour isn't strong, but they make plain water more interesting. (going to try mango and mint next)
    I hardly ever drink coke or sprite etc any more (even the 'diet' versions taste too sweet)
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I buy the Stur water enhancers off of Amazon for my husband which are sweetened with Stevia. They are more natural than most water enhancers. I really like them,I just use them sparingly.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    They are fine. I like the True Lemon packets. They aren't sickeningly sweet like some.