Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Nobody, and I mean nobody, loses 3 lbs a week like clockwork over 4-5 months.

Perhaps not exactly 3 pounds per week, but I lost 5 pounds a week for the first 8 weeks. 100 pounds by 29 weeks.
    Other people here have lost even more. It can be done, and safely. Maybe many people couldn't, but other people do it that have a lot to lose like myself and the OP (I lost over 160# in 20 months and have kept if off for over 2 years). She is not getting married until April 2017 if you read all of the posts and she can lose a great deal of weight in 1 year. She wants to lose the 60 for when she buys her dress and she can do this, even if other people can not. Many have and many more will.

• AndyJBacon
    AndyJBacon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sure. I did 31 lbs in 10 weeks. Eat right, no cheat days, cardio 6 days out of the week. It won't be easy, but I bet you could knock out 50 or more in that time. Just stick with MFP every single day and you should make it.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I definitely plan on losing AFTER I buy the dress - wedding is April 2017 so I have a lot more time after I buy the dress. I do plan to buy it in a smaller size (just 1 size as long as I am making progress) and keep losing. But there is just something about that event of trying on dresses with friends and family that makes me really want to get to a certain weight so I can enjoy it. I know ultimately the weight I am in April is more important. And ultimately of course my health is MOST important. The big picture is not lost on me - but I am a girl and I want to feel good pickin' a dress : )

I feel you. I've been dress shopping and it sucks how terrible it's been. This is supposed to be a happy experience and so far every shop I've been to has found covert and not so covert ways of calling me fat. I've decided to hold off on dress shopping until I've lost more weight.

As far as weight loss goes, focus on being healthy, not necessarily a number on a scale. Having a goal is great, but there are lots of other ways to measure your progress too. As for your original question, is it possible? Yeah, it probably is. It's not something I would be happy doing, but everyone's tolerance for calorie deficits and stress and such is different. It will take some trial and error for you to figure out what works best for you.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Andy, I lost 52 lbs in 12 weeks, I agree it can be done, she just needs to eat right and exercise........
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    Andy, I lost 52 lbs in 12 weeks, I agree it can be done, she just needs to eat right and exercise........

That ain't healthy for most people.
  • ampfahler
    ampfahler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was able to lose 72 in 6 months. I did a low carb diet (kind-a) I removed rice, all white flour products, potatoes, carrots and corn. Regardless of what anyone says it is totally doable. I also drank 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water. I also removed the obvious sodas, juices, drinks with the girls, wine. Once I did that the weight started to fall off on it's own. I made sure to incorporate veggies that were high in fibre. I now only have 69lbs left to go on my weight loss journey. I have slipped so many times but just remember that you can get back on the horse. don't give up. I can't do any running so I exercised in the water and I also do pilates and yoga. They are my 3 best friends. Once you start feeling the energy you'll be able to do more. I am getting ready to start incorporating weight lifting! Good luck and best wishes.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ampfahler wrote: »
    I was able to lose 72 in 6 months. I did a low carb diet (kind-a) I removed rice, all white flour products, potatoes, carrots and corn. Regardless of what anyone says it is totally doable. I also drank 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water. I also removed the obvious sodas, juices, drinks with the girls, wine. Once I did that the weight started to fall off on it's own. I made sure to incorporate veggies that were high in fibre. I now only have 69lbs left to go on my weight loss journey. I have slipped so many times but just remember that you can get back on the horse. don't give up. I can't do any running so I exercised in the water and I also do pilates and yoga. They are my 3 best friends. Once you start feeling the energy you'll be able to do more. I am getting ready to start incorporating weight lifting! Good luck and best wishes.

Awesome work!!!!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs over 7 months and the first 4 months were approximately 10 lbs per month. Just my own opinion, but what I did was set a loss goal of 1.5 lbs per week as far as calories in and created the rest of the deficit with exercise (didn't eat back exercise calories and felt fine). I would not suggest creating the kind of deficit you need with just calorie restriction, maybe half of it.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've lost 72 lbs in 6 months and I started out at 234.6 lbs. So I say go for it.