What are some good in the house workouts?

Options
I recently move to the country. There aren't any gyms within 20 miles. I was wondering if you guys knew any in home workouts(mainly cardio) that's burns a lot of calories

Replies

• FromLazyToFit
    FromLazyToFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use apps like Carrot and Sworkit
  • cejuanball410
    cejuanball410 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What do those apps contain?
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use Cody app its real instructors and you can buy different workouts from yoga to weight lift . They also run free community lessons from time to time . I stream the workouts on apple tv, iphone and ipad and is the best so far i've found. Real instructors and plans with multiple lessons usually 15/30/45 min which you can mix . They also run sales on their plans . I bought a package of three different barre plan (multiple lessons for each plan) on sale for about 80$. Considering that in my area if you go to a gym 1 barre lesson is about 25$ and monthly 300$ this is a big deal for me as i can stream these lessons forever, they are mine to keep and replay as much as I want.
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    DVD work out wise I am a huge Julian Michaels fan and you can order them online easy peasy.
  • heatherharget
    heatherharget Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am using Bodybuilding.com- not b/c I plan on being body builder-HA! but b/c I dont have a gym so there are "plans" workouts planned out. and when there is equipment that I dont have ( I do have bar bells) then I just do a search for alternative to.. whatever THAT exercise works...Good luck
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Check in YouTube!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith offers tons of free workouts that don't require equipment on YouTube. I love her; she's so encouraging.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Youtube (Jessica Smith is a fav), Jillian Michaels DVDs (some of which are in the bargain bin at Walmart), Netflix, Cablevision On Demand has workout videos, yoga, running/walking/biking, Beachbody DVDs are good workouts (but very expensive and they WILL try to get you to buy Shakeology... don't do it)
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    veliia wrote: »
    Check in YouTube!

I total agree! YouTube has lots of fitness videos. I've been doing Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred Level 1 and really like it. I'm totally wiped after the 20 minutes workout.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YouTube- particularly Fitness Blender!
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i could give you something but it might kill you...
  • aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've done T25 until very recently and I like it alot. I'm doing New rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW) now. I'm adapting some of the exercises b/c I'm doing it from home. I'm loving this one too. Totally has my heart rate up during the workouts.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can find a lot on you tube and pop sugar.
    Jillian Michaels has some good ones on you tube.
    Also doing a good 12 week challenge
  • LoveNeicy
    LoveNeicy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the Workout Trainer app. It has all kinds of different workout video you could workout to. If you want to doYogo, weight lifting, cardio, abs & corr, weight loss, full body, ect. It's the best. Also you can pick how hard you want your workout and how long. Also what body part you want to do.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels' Beginner Shred. Don't let the name fool you! It's hard yards!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender all the way. They have a billion videos on YouTube.
  • bex800
    bex800 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is great, took me a while to get into their workouts but now I have I love them! Just play music in background.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Jessica Smith offers tons of free workouts that don't require equipment on YouTube. I love her; she's so encouraging.

I like Jessica Smith as well. She has DVDs too, if that's your preference.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=jessica+smith
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in love with CIZE.
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise Netflix had fitness videos! Will have to check it out when I finish 30ds.