I need a meal plan that will help me lose 10 lbs

Options
KAZOGLOVER
KAZOGLOVER Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hello, can someone help me out? I need a meal plan that will help me lose 10 pounds in about 3 weeks. I would really appreciate the help. I know things like vegetables and fruits will really help along with white meats and such. But, I've been doing that and I've stayed steady at around the 177-180 mark. It's getting annoying. Please help! May I also add I am doing Olympic ring and calisthenics workouts every morning for an hour.

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What happens in 3 weeks? Is 10 lbs the total amount you have to lose, or a short term goal on your way to another goal?

If that's all you have to lose, then losing it within 3 weeks is neither realistic not advisable. For less than 20 lbs to lose you should be aiming for weight loss of 0.5 lb/week to retain lean body mass. That can be done by setting a calorie deficit of 250 cals from your maintenance level, eating the foods you like within that range, continuing to exercise eating back a portion of those cals.

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Reduce calorie intake & you will lose, doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you eat at a deficit. 10 lbs in 3 weeks really depends on your current weight. Think long term results here, not short term fixes.
  • KAZOGLOVER
    KAZOGLOVER Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What happens in 3 weeks? Is 10 lbs the total amount you have to lose, or a short term goal on your way to another goal?

If that's all you have to lose, then losing it within 3 weeks is neither realistic not advisable. For less than 20 lbs to lose you should be aiming for weight loss of 0.5 lb/week to retain lean body mass. That can be done by setting a calorie deficit of 250 cals from your maintenance level, eating the foods you like within that range, continuing to exercise eating back a portion of those cals.
    Reduce calorie intake & you will lose, doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you eat at a deficit. 10 lbs in 3 weeks really depends on your current weight. Think long term results here, not short term fixes.

Thanks guys. I'm trying to thin out and then bulk after this. I want to put on straight muscle after I get down to where I want to be. I mean maybe 5 weeks?