FOOD PROBS

Options
Okay so I need to eat more calories, but I seriously don't know what to eat to (other than crap food) to help me achieve this. I need suggestions people..

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    We have no idea what you're eating now, but if you can't think of any calorie-dense foods that aren't "crap" you are probably restricting too much from your diet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    No such thing as crap food.

Eat what sounds good. Ice cream? Handful of nuts? Cheese and crackers?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach. This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):

avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    olives
    honey
    molasses
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Avacado, nuts, cheese, steak, olive oil, peanut butter, cookies lol
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Those are some great ideas thank you.. Crap food meaning processed fast food type. I'm new to healthy eating. I know I'm not getting enough calories and I've been struggling on what are some good food that pack the calories.
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question n all i got was eat the same things just less :/
    avrobin03 wrote: »
    Those are some great ideas thank you.. Crap food meaning processed fast food type. I'm new to healthy eating. I know I'm not getting enough calories and I've been struggling on what are some good food that pack the calories.

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Check out pinterest. Browse through the Food and Drink section... seriously it gave me so many ideas. Blogs like SkinnyTaste and HungryGirl are great places to start, too
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Apple slices dipped in almond butter with chocolate chips sprinkled on top...Mmm I'm drooling
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    veliia wrote: »

You mean this thread? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10361328/what-did-you-eat-to-lose-weight/p2 Where you got two full pages of information and more than a few food ideas? That's an interesting way to sum up what a number of users (myself included) tried to give you.

If you still want a list of all the foods you can eat, here's one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190957/help-what-can-i-eat/p1
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Just an FYI, you don't have to eliminate processed food or fast food in order to lose weight or sustain your health.
  • avrobin03
    Options
    I didn't even think of Pinterest thank you..
  • avrobin03
    Options
    veliia wrote: »

You mean this thread? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10361328/what-did-you-eat-to-lose-weight/p2 Where you got two full pages of information and more than a few food ideas? That's an interesting way to sum up what a number of users (myself included) tried to give you.

If you still want a list of all the foods you can eat, here's one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190957/help-what-can-i-eat/p1

Thank you I'll check it out! :)
  • avrobin03
    Options
    For me personally, I'm trying not eat fast food as much as possible and here is why - it makes me feel like crap.. I've been doing some more extreme workouts, which I love, but I want to eat as clean as possible (because it makes me feel better). I know from past experience I need to eat more in order to lose, but I'm just stuck. It may seem so easy to some of you and for that I'm extremely jealous. With that being said, I appreciate all positive helpful feed back. I have a fitbit that sync's to MFP so automatically adds in my "earned calories".. So there are times where I go into a - calories..

I will check out the links listed.. Thanks again everyone! And thanks for understanding that it doesn't come as easy to some as it does for others. Everyone's bodies are different and I know what works for someone may not work for the next.