Stretch marks :(

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks with my pregnancies, last kid was 21 years ago. I hate them with a passion!! I am so self conscience about them around my husband, but as everyone else has said, he couldn't care less. All he sees are boobs and bum when I'm naked lol

Us women definitely care more about them then men do. And yes, they do fade over time and you'll eventually get used to them.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I had stretch marks at about 14 or so. I have also had kidney surgery ( looks like a magicians saw the woman in half trick gone wrong - 9 inch scar around my waistline!) and 4 tiny scars from having my gal bladder removed. When I first dated my husband I was worried about them. His reply was that they are part of who I am and have made me who I am and he loves me.

Please tell me that you tell people that's why that scar is there.

"Oh, I never told you about the time I was a magician's assistant? He promised nothing would go wrong so I got in the box...."
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Over reacting!

I heard Bio oil is good for stretch marks, u can get it at Wallgreens and CVS

bio oil may work on new stretch marks but I have tried it for mine and it did nothing for them
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Over reacting!

I heard Bio oil is good for stretch marks, u can get it at Wallgreens and CVS

bio oil may work on new stretch marks but I have tried it for mine and it did nothing for them

Yep, I've tried so many creams that claim to get rid of stretch marks. But none of them did squat!

My daughter in law smothered herself with bio oil everyday and added it to baths regularly when she was pregnant and she's riddled with dark purple stretch marks :( Some of us are just more prone to them than others.

• slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i have many scars and marks but the only person who ever seems to notice them is me.bio oil does help if they bother you a lot,but nobady else is focused on them
  • pickle_walsh
    pickle_walsh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im a male and have two points:

1) i have them myself after having weight that fluctuates often.
    2) they honestly dont bother me/us at all.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stretchmarks are very common, especially in girls, regardless of whether your weight has fluctuated or not. They often happen simply because you are growing taller. I had them since I was about 10. I have known girls who were always very thin and athletic, and still had lots of stretchmarks. It is very common and nothing to worry about.

If they are still red, you can treat them. Talk to a dermatologist, creams used to help with scars healing can be used, nothing of the over the counter products you might hear about. If they have already fainted to white scars, no cream etc will help. If you find that you are still concerned about them after a while, there are medical procedures than can help, so talk to a dr and see if you think it is worth it. I was thinking about it for a while, then just ended up getting used to them and realised I am the only noticing them.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Most guys have some too! Don't let them get you down, most women have them, the chances are only you can see them, as you know what you are looking for.

I've heard that tanning can make them less obvious and they will get better with time.

Remember to keep moisturizing and a drink lots of water so your skin in nice and healthy. I put a bit of coconut oil in my bath, and also use it as a moisturizer ... its amazing.

I have stretch marks from my knees to my arms, I find them fascinating yeah I don't really like them but I see them as a good thing in a way, a sign of how well I've done with my weight loss.
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stefanny91 wrote: »

I've heard that tanning can make them less obvious and they will get better with time.

I've actually heard the opposite, tanning makes them more obvious because the white marks don't tan ?

That being said, I got my first stretch marks in my knees and on the inside of my thighs around 13/14 after a major growth spurt and they always bothered me sooooo much. I learnt to live with them, they're just a part of me. I don't think anyone I dated or my husband for that matter ever noticed - or cared (I just asked my husband to double check-he had no clue lol)
    I also got a few stretch marks during my pregnancies
    They do lighten considerably with time. My kids are 3.5 and 1.5 now and they're hardly visible. You have to really look for them to see them.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the great work and try and embrace your new body, you're doing awesome :)

Edited for typos
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey girl , I had stretch marks from getting BIGGER, My skin was stretching out and i had thick red lines on my legs, sides, and tummy. I was 217 and now im down to 195, my stretch marks are LESS noticeable because im loosing weight. I ALSO us Bio Oil. It is so amazing. My stretch marks are no longer red, they are very faded and look like tiny scars.
  • vcurrie19
    vcurrie19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't care about mine (if he even notices lol) but if it really bugs you, rosehip oil works great
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    They will fade with time. But girl, you are so beautiful... No guy is going to pay any notice to them.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    luckily they will fade overtime... however, if you hate them and they make you feel bad about yourself (not based on how anyone else will think) go ahead and get laser surgery on them.
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    cp0ua8bohcka.jpeg

I lost 110lbs. Forget the stretch marks and those who have problems with them done need to be in your life anyway
  • tris_hope
    tris_hope Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the encouragement and the lovely comments! Thanks so much
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    GMAC2016 wrote: »
    As a guy, couldn't care less.

• Christine_72
    Options
    GMAC2016 wrote: »
    As a guy, couldn't care less.

That's what we wanna hear :lol: My hubby just tells me to shut the F up when I talk about them lol

I wish mine didn't bug me so much. I've had 21 years to get used to them, if it hasn't happened by now i doubt it ever will..

I'm being such a debbie downer OP, sorry. But judging be the many posts on here about stretch marks, I'm in the minority, as most women and men don't give a toss about them!

• aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Aw, it's ok, really. That guy who posted shirtless looks great, wouldn't you agree? Most people, men included won't give a crap about your stretch marks! Really what matters is how you view them though. Over time you'll probably realize they're not a big deal. I have them on my boobs, hips, arms, etc... They are not nearly as visible as they used to be though and I really never think of them. They used to really bother me though (when I was younger). Good luck! You are beautiful! Focus on your strengths / strong points! :)
  • LKArgh
    Options
    Stefanny91 wrote: »

I've actually heard the opposite, tanning makes them more obvious because the white marks don't tan ?

That being said, I got my first stretch marks in my knees and on the inside of my thighs around 13/14 after a major growth spurt and they always bothered me sooooo much. I learnt to live with them, they're just a part of me. I don't think anyone I dated or my husband for that matter ever noticed - or cared (I just asked my husband to double check-he had no clue lol)
    I also got a few stretch marks during my pregnancies
    They do lighten considerably with time. My kids are 3.5 and 1.5 now and they're hardly visible. You have to really look for them to see them.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the great work and try and embrace your new body, you're doing awesome :)

Edited for typos

Yes, tanning makes them more visible.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    Hey girl , I had stretch marks from getting BIGGER, My skin was stretching out and i had thick red lines on my legs, sides, and tummy. I was 217 and now im down to 195, my stretch marks are LESS noticeable because im loosing weight. I ALSO us Bio Oil. It is so amazing. My stretch marks are no longer red, they are very faded and look like tiny scars.

This is what happens naturally to stretchmarks, so you kind of proved that Bio Oil, whatever it is , does not work ;) Products that work help regenerate and heal the skin, so red stretchmarks do not become scars.