Shakes

Options
katmckenzie0602
katmckenzie0602 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone know of any great breakfast shakes to start your day off with? Or smoothies?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds :)
  • katmckenzie0602
    katmckenzie0602 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really? Aren't they high calories?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Well you weren't very specific. Your title only says "shakes." I could have said "I prefer rattle and roll, myself."
  • j_dukes
    j_dukes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starbucks or Jamba Juice has really good green smoothies
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie for breakfast sometimes: skim milk, banana, rolled oats, vanilla, peanut butter.
    I usually soak the oats in the milk overnight, then add the other bits and blend it up in the morning.
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use natures bounty chocolate protein shake ..its low calories taste good and has vitamins and probiotics .. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk n keeps it low calories
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Half a frozen banana cut into coins, whey, almond milk, cinnamon. Blend. That's typically a decent consistency.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use Orgain protein powder blended with almond milk and a frozen banana when I don't have time to make a proper meal (and don't want to do fast food). I also like Garden of Life brand powders, but they can be gritty and off putting to a lot of people. The nutrition in them is fantastic, though.
  • mmclure317
    mmclure317 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use our shakes, they are complete meal replacements jam packed with 23 vitamins and phyto nutrients. They are made with all natural high quality 24g whey protein. Low Glycemic, Soy free, Gluten free, made with Stevia :) i love them cuz they are quick to make, good for you and they have helped me lose 36lbs & 57"
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My morning usually consists of a ginger and lemon warm tea with a little bit of honey and paprika only one cup then I follow with a shape that has Orgain protein powder vanilla, one banana,half a cup of pineapple, coconut milk unsweetened, chia Seeds ,Greek yogurt and ice,. Sometimes I add coconut oil seems to give me an extra coconut flavor
  • srogers91
    srogers91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite right now... http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/03/18/strawberry-banana-and-avocado-smoothie/. I also like her Berry Lemonade Green Smoothie. I am a picky eater and don't like avocado but you don't taste it in the smoothie.
  • M_Lissa9
    M_Lissa9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a GNC chocolate protein whey isolate, which is more exoensive, but you get more protein/nutrients and less 'fillers'. I like mine with PB2 dry peanut butter and 1/2 bananna or if I'm feeling bloated, I use just a little sugar free pudding powder.
  • jessp10298
    jessp10298 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I make a smoothie for breakfast sometimes: skim milk, banana, rolled oats, vanilla, peanut butter.
    I usually soak the oats in the milk overnight, then add the other bits and blend it up in the morning.

How many calories is this shake? It sounds super good
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    None. They are just milkshakes charged for double the price because it says 'breakfast' before it to make it sound good.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know of a good smoothie that I like to have for a filling breakfast. Its a sweet potato pie flavored smoothie. Here's a link to the recipe.it can be used for a filling breakfast smoothie or filling snack. http://pin.it/bdp8UKr