Change is good but hard

Options
Newly divorce and trying to lose weight that I gained while married. I ate for comfort and put everyone else first and now it is time to put myself first. Huge adjustment. Anyone else going through a huge adjustment?

Replies

• MN_HGirl
    MN_HGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I am always the person that will sacrifice myself to make sure others are happy...
    I finally had a talk with my husband and we discussed that I need to start giving myself time even if that means he will have to start pitching in more.

I recognized that salty treats (mostly chips) are a huge downfall for me and the first thing I grab when I am feeling a bit stressed- My husband and I agreed that we can not have any in the house for awhile until I can learn to deal with my triggers. I have been chip free for three weeks now!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Going through s divorce may be a huge upheaval, but losing weight does not have to be. In fact, the less "huge" you make it, the better. Choose to lose at a slower rate so that you have more calories to work with. Don't impose arbitrary food rules upon yourself, and tune out the noise of the braying dieting industry. Eat the foods that you enjoy. If possible, add a bit of physical movement - start gently, perhaps an evening walk after dinner.

My point is that you've been through a major shift in your life and you don't want to pile onto that with a bunch of new rules for shedding weight. Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit. It's great that you want to devote the time to taking care of yourself - but it can't be rushed. There is time. Breathe. Expect the best.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's time to fall back in love with yourself all over again!!! Let me tell you it's rejuvenating. :)
  • lauraj99804
    lauraj99804 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your support and great advice. It truly means a lot.