My Calories Went Up

Options
MFP changed the recommended calories by an increase of 110 calories. Did I hit a wrong button somewhere? All I have done is weigh in which showed a weight loss of 4.5 pounds. Why would my calorie needs go up????

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Did you enter an excercise?
  • jshbryan
    jshbryan Posts: 29
    Options
    Not today I haven't and it is telling me to eat 1970 calories instead of the 1860.
  • jshbryan
    jshbryan Posts: 29
    Options
    I did try and change my starting weight to 205, which is actually what it was when I started my diet and exercise regime and before I found MFP. I wanted my scale to reflect my true weight loss since beginning my journey.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Go to HOME then GOALS then click to CUSTOMIZE goals and take a look at what it is saying and you can modify if you choose.

Once you reach your weight goal in MFP it also automatically changes to maintenance mode
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Because you changed starting weight thats why the goals changed. If you want to change calorie goal back down to 1860 then go to GOALS, customize GOALS and change it yourself. I have done this. MFP tells me to eat 1600 a day but i reduced it to 1200 as I am trying to shed fast this summer.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    As we lose weight, our calories are automatically adjusted to avoid hitting plateaus. Contrary to thought, as you get closer to your goal weight you need to increase your net calories to continue losing weight. MFP automatically does this for us when we lose weight and it is kind of surprising when it happens. Also, note that it's easier for larger people to lose more total lbs in a week than smaller so as you get close it may also adjust your goal per week as well.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    my calories went up, too, but i haven't been losing either.. is mfp changing their own settings?