IIFYM diet, can someone critique my food diary?

Options
Hii,

I'm on a cut and I want to keep at it for sometime. I'm eating 1320 a day with moderate carbs and high protein. The only meats I eat are chicken and turkey, and I'm 5' tall and 111lbs. I've lost about 5lbs in the past month, but I guess my eating is generally not so "clean"? I know this isn't necessary, but usually people on cuts end up eating relatively clean just to fit the macros. Now I do veer off from time to time and sometimes get excess sugar, but that's the main thing.

Could someone let me know if I seem to be on the right track?

Thank you!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I would say that tightening up your logging may be more valuable than focusing on "clean eating."

You have lots of stuff like "1 chicken breast" (they're all difference sizes) and ".5 bagel" in your diary. As you continue to lose weight, accuracy may become more important.
  • algernon4231
    algernon4231 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would say that tightening up your logging may be more valuable than focusing on "clean eating."

You have lots of stuff like "1 chicken breast" (they're all difference sizes) and ".5 bagel" in your diary. As you continue to lose weight, accuracy may become more important.

Hm, so should I be weighing my food, etc?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Hm, so should I be weighing my food, etc?

I'd consider it. Right now you're losing weight, but if you stall it would be one of the first things I would recommend.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You will hear alot about people's versions of eating clean. My version of clean eating would be for you to eat more fresh grilled, broiled, boiled or baked chicken and turkey vs. lunch meat with tons of pre-packaged preservatives and sodium. Also I would eat more egg whites or eggs scrambled or oatmeal and protein powder and fruit as another option or make protein muffins or protein bars for breakfast vs. items like eggs benedict, margherita pizza or panini. Also would include brown or wild rice or sweet potato in place of other fuel sustaining carbs. Would also incorporate more fruits and vegetables into the diet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't see you hitting your macros typically.

IIFYM means tweaking your diet to fit your macros either hitting them consistently or going over.

What are your macros set at? what ratio?

btw Sugar is not a macro.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is designed to allow you to eat any type of food you want, as long as it fits. The degree to which you "eat clean" is up to you. The beauty is that you can fit in some treats, which for some people helps them stay on track. Don't neglect your veggies though!