Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

25, with 77 lbs to lose

Hi everyone. I just wanted to do a quick intro of myself.

I'm 25 and I've finally made the decision to lose weight.

I was diagnosed with GERD last summer. It's basically really bad heart burn. I'm now taking 40 mg of omneprozal and 2 pepcid completes a day. All of that is caused by me being overweight.

So, instead of accepting defeat I'm going to fight to lose what I know I can!

I've been quietly stalking the forums and decided to post :)

Replies

• personalities_233
    personalities_233 Posts: 2 Member
    That's awesome! Glad you decided to make a positive change. :-) you will feel better in many ways. :)
  • leahhnicole
    leahhnicole Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks! I'm really nervous because I'm new to this all. My first ever trip to a gym is today! :)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2016
    You are right where you need to be: MFP has changed the game for me in getting my health in order!!! Friend some active/goofy/real members you enjoy talking to: THIS is a long journey and worth every minute, might as well enjoy it with supportive friends!!! 2 years and counting here...
  • leahhnicole
    Awesome! It's great to see all the support here.

I've learned so much since being here!
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member

My first ever trip to a gym is today! :)

Good for you!!! The gym was super intimidating to me at first. Hope you have fun! :)
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Totally get ya, my heartburn was getting so bad it is one of the reasons -besides how bad I looked - that I decided to finally do something about the weight. I have to say I noticed a changed in the heartburn just by losing like the first 5lbs! I hope the same for you. I will send you an add!
  • mathes8o8
    mathes8o8 Posts: 146 Member
    You can do it!
  • leahhnicole
    Thanks for the support everyone! <3
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    You got this! I also have GERD--along with a HOST of other conditions aggravated or caused by being overweight. I have 80-100lbs to drop. We can do this!
  • leahhnicole
    Yes we can! I went to the gym yesterday and did the stationary bike. I really didn't feel anything so today I'm going to try the treadmill. I'm hoping to atleast break a sweat! :P
  • gbebedoll570
    gbebedoll570 Posts: 28 Member
    Good Luck with your journey!!

I too was diagnosed with GERD last summer. But didn't really think too much of it until early this year.

My heartburn was soo bad I thought I was having a heart attack (my dad passed away from a heart attack)..

I finally changed my diet and hoping with weight loss I can get rid of GERD!!

• miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    Wishing you all the best with your journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like!