LCHF - Nutritional ketosis looking for friends to share experience

Options
Hi all,
Starting on the road to LCHF/KETO after this weekend (I have a marathon in Rotterdam) I hope to teach my body to use fat as its primary source of fuel by August when I will have my first ironman.
All friends welcome!!

Replies

• vhunterlawrence
    vhunterlawrence Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I will be starting after this weekend.
  • memear1
    memear1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there good luck I'm trying hard too x
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I've been eating LCHF for over a year. Very happy with the change.
  • Solimay
    Solimay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've also been LCHF a few months and doing well.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @peractopaulo , @vhunterlawrence , @memear1 welcome to MFP Forums and LCHF/KETO.

The nice part is our bodies already is programmed to do LCHF/KETO so all we have to do to get into a state of Nutritional Ketosis is to eat less than 50 grams of carbs daily for a few weeks and make up the calories with fats. It is not a calorie reduction way of weight loss so that can boggle the programmed minds like mine at age 65. So in my case it was some unlearning to do. For pain management I went off of sugar and all forms of grains (Not a requirement for the Way Of Eating) and the first 2 weeks of withdrawals were hellish for me then the cravings just faded fast. In only 30 days my subjective joint and muscle pain had dropped from 7-8 to 2-3. 1.5 years later my health continues to improve due to my LCHF WOE.

There are Keto minded sub groups on MFP you may want to check out for more how to do LCHF support. Below is one that has taught me much. You do have to request to join but there is an Options button so you can remove yourself by a click on the button if anyone is mean to you or it is not helpful to you. :)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Best of success. Remember LCHF is just one WOE and while it has worked well for 18 months for me it is not magic but is based upon definable science. Others do use different macros to eat for health successfully.
  • chelencali99
    chelencali99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started doing low carb (staying 50grams or less daily) and I've dropped 11lbs. I love it!
  • C110266
    C110266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Looking for buddies on the same path with LCHF lifestyle. This is new to me and I could use support and advice for the best possible results. I actually would like to also look and feel my very best in 6 weeks for a function but that is only a small part of this lifestyle. I have been reading up and trying on my own for a few weeks now. Please friend request me if you are interested.