25, with 77 lbs to lose

Options
Hi everyone. I just wanted to do a quick intro of myself.

I'm 25 and I've finally made the decision to lose weight.

I was diagnosed with GERD last summer. It's basically really bad heart burn. I'm now taking 40 mg of omneprozal and 2 pepcid completes a day. All of that is caused by me being overweight.

So, instead of accepting defeat I'm going to fight to lose what I know I can!

I've been quietly stalking the forums and decided to post :)

Replies

• personalities_233
    personalities_233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Glad you decided to make a positive change. :-) you will feel better in many ways. :)
  • leahhnicole
    leahhnicole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm really nervous because I'm new to this all. My first ever trip to a gym is today! :)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You are right where you need to be: MFP has changed the game for me in getting my health in order!!! Friend some active/goofy/real members you enjoy talking to: THIS is a long journey and worth every minute, might as well enjoy it with supportive friends!!! 2 years and counting here...
  • leahhnicole
    Options
    Awesome! It's great to see all the support here.

I've learned so much since being here!
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options

My first ever trip to a gym is today! :)

Good for you!!! The gym was super intimidating to me at first. Hope you have fun! :)
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Totally get ya, my heartburn was getting so bad it is one of the reasons -besides how bad I looked - that I decided to finally do something about the weight. I have to say I noticed a changed in the heartburn just by losing like the first 5lbs! I hope the same for you. I will send you an add!
  • mathes8o8
    mathes8o8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • leahhnicole
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! <3
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You got this! I also have GERD--along with a HOST of other conditions aggravated or caused by being overweight. I have 80-100lbs to drop. We can do this!
  • leahhnicole
    Options
    Yes we can! I went to the gym yesterday and did the stationary bike. I really didn't feel anything so today I'm going to try the treadmill. I'm hoping to atleast break a sweat! :P
  • gbebedoll570
    gbebedoll570 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with your journey!!

I too was diagnosed with GERD last summer. But didn't really think too much of it until early this year.

My heartburn was soo bad I thought I was having a heart attack (my dad passed away from a heart attack)..

I finally changed my diet and hoping with weight loss I can get rid of GERD!!

• miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with your journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like!