Meeting goal in 8 weeks!!!!! HELP

Options
I'm currently 127 and want to be 120 ish by May 30th!!!!! I want to be fit not skinny, more about losing body fat percentage.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    At your weight that's simply not realistic. Also, getting fit is not an 8 week process.

Do you do any strength training?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    People spend years on body composition and lowering body fat. 8 weeks is not really enough time to make yourself unskinnyfat (I'm guessing this is your issue).
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 128 and I know there's no way I can make it to 120 that fast. Just try your best and stick to your plan and you will get there soon enough. Remember how long all the weight gradually crept on to your body and that it can't just diminish in a couple of months. And when closer to your goal weight it's harder to lose.
  • karissaaubrey12
    karissaaubrey12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started at 137 been working out for a month and a half with healthy eating and am down 10 pounds
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What's with the deadline? Does the world end in eight weeks?

I need to make plans.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Running. It basically melts the fat off I'm around your weight and it is the only thing that seems to work for me unfortunatly also weight lifting can tone you rather than just being "skinny" but if you gain any muscle at the same time the scale will stay the same. At our weight it is better to focus on how you look rather than how much you weigh which can be hard but cardio is key if you want to lose the fat
  • karissaaubrey12
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions going to try running a little more!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Running. It basically melts the fat off I'm around your weight and it is the only thing that seems to work for me unfortunatly also weight lifting can tone you rather than just being "skinny" but if you gain any muscle at the same time the scale will stay the same. At our weight it is better to focus on how you look rather than how much you weigh which can be hard but cardio is key if you want to lose the fat

Running won't help if you aren't in a calorie deficit, and that's how you lose weight.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You say you want to be fit not skinny but list weight loss as your primary goal. Do you want to be fit or look fit (there is a big difference although they are somewhat linked)? Being fit is definitely not about weight loss at all it's about what your body is capable of. Being a healthy optimal weight and body fat % for your height and frame size helps with this but what weight and % people perform there best at differs between people.

What is your exercise routine?
  • karissaaubrey12
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    You say you want to be fit not skinny but list weight loss as your primary goal. Do you want to be fit or look fit (there is a big difference although they are somewhat linked)? Being fit is definitely not about weight loss at all it's about what your body is capable of. Being a healthy optimal weight and body fat % for your height and frame size helps with this but what weight and % people perform there best at differs between people.

HIIT 2 times a week
    LISS 3 times a week

Trying to drop fat %
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »

HIIT 2 times a week
    LISS 3 times a week

Trying to drop fat %

You need strength training. If you skip that part you lose fat and muscle. Meaning your body fat drops slower.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's possible but will be tough. I lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks last year and I was already relatively fit. However i was training advanced Muay Thai at the time along with kettlebell workouts.

Super strict diet and intense training is the way to go but it's still a lofty goal.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You say you want to be fit, do you have an actual fitness goal or idea what fitness means to you? Exercise should be selected and targeted towards that goal. I think your goal might be to look fit not actually be fit. The former requires a decent amount of muscle and low bf%. The latter requires training to be able to perform specific tasks (lift x amount, run x kms in x time etc.). Can you see where the distinction lies? Losing 7 pounds of weight will not make you fitter, it might not even make you look fitter - just thinner.

A lower bf% is achievable by adding muscle or losing fat (not just weight) or both (generally not at the same time). Either way strength training is a must - to add muscle or make sure you don't lose muscle.
  • johnrgarcia858
    johnrgarcia858 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    High Interval training with the right nutrition and good macro counting you will be ok!!