Polar M400 & H7 Question

Options
I've had my Polar M400 for a while but just ordered the H7 Heartrate band. I use the treadmill inside at the gym a lot and I'm wondering if I need to use a Sport Profile like Other Indoor (no need for GPS inside) to use the HR monitor or do I just connect it and start running?

If I was going to run outside I'd select the Running Profile and use GPS but being inside I'm a little confused.

Anyone with some experience that could help me out I'd appreciate the guidance.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I use the indoor profile. Without a separate stride monitor, I think that's the only option.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If it's not on your watch, there is a profile for treadmill , and most gym equipment in flow that you can sync to it. xgctfy1bd6br.jpg
    ss3lteeq0wan.jpg
  • Bundyman
    Bundyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Thanks for the information. I'll look for the treadmill profile and others.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you as well. I've only had mine since late Jan so I'm still figuring out how everything works.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options
    You're welcome
  • Bundyman
    Options
    One More Question I hope someone can answer.

I have my H7 synced to my M400 and it seems to be working. But when I'm not working out, should I unpair the HR monitor to preserve battery life?
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options
    Bundyman wrote: »
    One More Question I hope someone can answer.

I have my H7 synced to my M400 and it seems to be working. But when I'm not working out, should I unpair the HR monitor to preserve battery life?

The sensor is only paired when you have it attached to the strap.

• Bundyman
    Options

Okay, that makes sense. So I can store the strap and sensor together so long as they're detached and it shouldn't decrease the battery life.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options
    Bundyman wrote: »

Okay, that makes sense. So I can store the strap and sensor together so long as they're detached and it shouldn't decrease the battery life.

yes