I love feta cheese

2»

Replies

• mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Love feta, especially when crumbled into "warm salads". My favourite is a combo of puy lentils, steamed broccoli, other steamed green veg (green beans or asparagus work well, so does kale), and dressing made with mustard and honey. Then crumble some feta into it when still warm - wonderful stuff.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member
    I actually have feta in my fridge right now but can't think of what to use it for

I thought the MFP feta/edamame/cranberry salad was delicious, not to mention super-easy to make.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/edamame-cranberry-salad/
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Feta is definitely on my next shopping list...
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    Loooove Greek quinoa salad with feta, so good.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Feta on pizza, feta in frittatas, feta with gryos or falafel, feta instead of mozzarella in bruschetta...mmm, feta
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Spinach, strawberry, feta, black pepper and raspberry vinagrette is amazing!

Also great on pasta salad.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    My latest fav is to eat feta slightly melted on roasted chard/beet greens. For salads, I prefer bleu cheese or gorgonzola.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    I ate feta tonight on my amazingly delicious salad at Oregano's! Yumm-o!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I'm actually eating some right now! I <3 feta
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    IN for feta! I love adding it to eggs.
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Mmmm feta!! I love that this thread exists lol! I make a zoodle salad (zuchinni noodles) with tomato, olives, onions, cucumbers and of course feta! It's like a greek pasta salad but with less calories so you can add more feta ;)
  • BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    In our household we have a saying:
    "Feta makes it betta!!" Haha

But for real, I divide the package into 1 oz squares when I buy it then divide that in half for each of our salads. 1/2 oz on a salad makes it so good!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Feta on pita bread with fresh tomatoes, hummus, and olives...TEH BEST.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    laur357 wrote: »
    Feta and eggs are a match made in heaven.

Try hard boiled eggs (or egg whites) + feta + olive oil/vinegar dressing. Sooo good.

try adding a couple of boiled potatoes and fresh tomato with those. it's awesome.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Same here! I'm working on transitioning to the Mediterranean Diet lifestyle, so today I had a baked potato with black olives, sundried tomatoes, garlic infused olive oil, and feta...it was delicious! Probably excellent with chicken, too!
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Feta is ah-mazing! I made this dish with feta this week, except I roasted it in the oven instead of cooking it in a skillet. So good, low cal and also pretty good warmed up for leftovers.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/skillet-mexican-zucchini/