Tips for unbudgable pudge?

Hi :)

So I've come a long way in my fitness journey, and I'm pretty stoked to admit that this is the longest I've ever stuck with it, and the closest I've ever gotten to my goal. Naturally there is a bump in this road-- the ever-hated lower belly jelly. I get that you can't spot reduce and that everyone loses weight from different places at different times, but I kid you not, I have no place left but my pooch and inner thighs. My mom is a dietitian, so my diet is set and strictly maintained. I currently weigh in at 62kg/137lbs which I think is ideal for my 5'10"/1.77m frame. I mainly do strength exercises with a moderate amount of cardio. Waist proper is 29 inches, but below is 33. I change up my routine every two weeks or so, I push myself, I drink tons of water, and I eat clean while allowing a moderate cheat once in a while. When I suck in my stomach, my ribs pop out but the tum is totally flat, just where I want it. I get the whole 'be patient' thing, but I'm literally losing weight everywhere else to the point that I'm starting to look skinny fat, if you will. My bones stick out naturally (cheek, collar, etc) as I have a pretty small frame, but now they seem to protrude a bit too much. Like if I lean against a wall, my shoulder blades can press easily against the wall without my back touching. And don't get me started on doing Russian twists or any other sort of seated exercise if I don't have sufficient padding.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can boost my routine even more? I do Pilates and yoga in between my weight days, I skip rope, I take the stairs, I walk almost everywhere. What's left for me to do?

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think the only next possible step is for you to start building muscle. Are you still on a calorie deficit? Or are you maintaining your current weight? If so i would start adding in more protein, and doing more weights. And not little weights, proper heavy weights. Scale wont move, but you should start seeing changes in your body.

Time to start doing crunches, planks, etc.
  • kashmiridibber
    kashmiridibber Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2016
    Nope, no deficit. I eat minimum 75 g protein per day and I lift heavy.
  • samikirkby2016
    samikirkby2016 Posts: 12 Member
    I have a treatment called cavitation, at a salon which helps with fat reduction. Google it, it's painless but expensive.
    There's several treatments you can have in salons such as lipolysis, lipolaser, endolift or cryoshape. Some are painful, most are expensive but it's all personal choice. I like to think every little helps.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Nope, no deficit. I eat minimum 75 g protein per day and I lift heavy.

Where do you fall in the rep range?

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-training-intensity/