"Banking" Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    I have a goal to eat back half my exercise that i get from a fit bit charge HR .Can I bank exercise calories too?

Yes, calories are calories.

Thank you.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just bank exercise calories for a cheat meal....and if i go out i ask for a container right away and put half away. Reatraunt portions are usually double the home food calories. For instance, Casas mostracolli el forno is over 1,000 calories. If you add a side salad and bread to that...ouch!!

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's legit. I use the nutrition calorie graph in the phone app to make sure at the end of the week my Avg Net intake is whatever goal MFP gave me or close to it anyway.

This week I'm aiming for 0.5 lb or maintenance. On Friday, me and my husband are going to try out this new Mexican restaurant. It's a local family business so nutritional information won't be available.
  • whittling
    whittling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's legit. I use the nutrition calorie graph in the phone app to make sure at the end of the week my Avg Net intake is whatever goal MFP gave me or close to it anyway.

I didn't know about that part of the app - that's very useful! Thanks!
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was making regular fat deposits for a decade- no interest and no fees but hard to transfer. Downside can only draw down the deposit at slow rate!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    ktyler0811 wrote: »
    Is it legit? Lol.... I mean is it really ok to use the calories I didn't use yesterday toward today? Or even all week toward a large weekend meal? I've never really considered it before, it doesn't seem right. Haha!

What are your thoughts?

Many people do it successfully, others find themselves getting into a disordered pattern. Physically, it does not matter as long as you are averaging your target calories, the only issue is how your brain deals with it.