Supplements

Options
Hey everyone,

Is anyone one taking an supplements to help reach there training goals? If so what are you taking and how do you like it? I currently take a pre and post workout drink followed by a high protein shake an hr after. A multi vit. fish oil and 15 mg of creatine..Any thoughts?

~joey

Replies

• efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take a mult. vit every day along with post work out protein shake. I also take Athena, 2x/day. This is geared for females to help build muscle (to be more toned)....I'm working thru my first bottle so we'll see what the results end up to be.... :happy:
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I take a multi vit, omega 3, cla and flaxseed along with impact whey.I feel better but don't know if that's down to better fitness and strength or the sups
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I take a scoop of muscle milk before weight training and a scoop right after. I take a daily multi vitamin in the AM and at the end of the day I take zinc, biotin, Omega-3 and a Vitamin D supplement. I'm thinking about adding CLA.

Once I'm out of the current MM I might switch to a whey shake instead, hopefully something with a little less calories and same/more protein.

Oh, I also have been eating KASHI GO LEAN cereal because it's a nice dose of protein too.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin, Fish Oil and protein shake...
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I take a good multi vitamin (ADAMs Mens Multi) twice a day, XTEND recovery drink before and during each work out, and drink at least one protein shake a day, Nutrisport P90.

XTEND is really tasty and helps my recovery times by aiding absorption of my protein shake. The P90 is one of the highest protein to portion size shakes I've seen for the money, just over 45g per portion but only 200 cals.
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    I take a scoop of muscle milk before weight training and a scoop right after. I take a daily multi vitamin in the AM and at the end of the day I take zinc, biotin, Omega-3 and a Vitamin D supplement. I'm thinking about adding CLA.

Once I'm out of the current MM I might switch to a whey shake instead, hopefully something with a little less calories and same/more protein.

Oh, I also have been eating KASHI GO LEAN cereal because it's a nice dose of protein too.

If you want to try a great tasting protein check out combat made by muscle farm....love it
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    I take a good multi vitamin (ADAMs Mens Multi) twice a day, XTEND recovery drink before and during each work out, and drink at least one protein shake a day, Nutrisport P90.

XTEND is really tasty and helps my recovery times by aiding absorption of my protein shake. The P90 is one of the highest protein to portion size shakes I've seen for the money, just over 45g per portion but only 200 cals.

Im definately going to check out that P90..thanks
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    I take a multi vit, omega 3, cla and flaxseed along with impact whey.I feel better but don't know if that's down to better fitness and strength or the sups

How do you like the cla? Ive read alot about it..sounds interesting
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    Scivation Xtend/Purple Wraath (pre-workout)
    Green Mag (pre-workout)
    White Flood (pre-workout)

Orange Triad (multivitamin)
    Fish Oil
    Fiber supplements
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Every Morning I take:
    Fish Oil
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Super B-Complex
    L-Glutamine

After workout I have a protein shake

Some nights I take more L-Glutamine(Depending on how hard my workout was)
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to write 15g of creatine? Anyways, some current research has shown that not only is Creatine absorbed as a 'net' effect during the day but 5g/day (keep in mind i'm referring to natural athletes) is sufficient especially when combined with proper nutrition. As a personal preference, I take my creatine postworkout with my shake.

I currently use multiple proteins from Optimum Nutrition as well as..
    CLA
    MULTI VIT.

Crush it!
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    Did you mean to write 15g of creatine? Anyways, some current research has shown that not only is Creatine absorbed as a 'net' effect during the day but 5g/day (keep in mind i'm referring to natural athletes) is sufficient especially when combined with proper nutrition. As a personal preference, I take my creatine postworkout with my shake.

I currently use multiple proteins from Optimum Nutrition as well as..
    CLA
    MULTI VIT.

Crush it!

Yes, I have been taking 5g in the early am w/ breakfast and then there are 10 grams of creatine in my post workout shake..(Valugrow)...How do you like CLA..do you feel it really helps w/ bodyfat?
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I take WOMEN’S ULTRA MEGA® ACTIVE from GNC.

I just copyed and pasted!! lol

Women’s Ultra Mega® Active without Iron – Our premium timed-release, clinically studied formula includes vitamins and minerals to supplement key nutrients that may be missing in your daily diet. Women’s Ultra Mega® Active contains 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3 for breast and bone health and immune support, as well as, B-vitamins that are important for carbohydrate metabolism and energy production.* It's enhanced with 500 mg of bone strengthening calcium and joint cushioning blend with vitamin C, collagen and hyaluronic acid. It also combines a broad spectrum of cell-protecting antioxidant nutrients that also support immune health with key electrolytes that help regulate body fluids.*
    Energy Enhancer – This clinically proven thermogenic formula helps to enhance your metabolism and improve your ability to burn more calories.* Includes a powerful combination of ingredients designed to help give you the extra boost of energy you need in your busy day.
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – A naturally occurring fatty acid derived from safflower seeds. Clinically studied CLA to enhance your diet and is a healthy source of natural energy.
    L-Carnitine – An amino acid, L-carnitine helps to facilitate the metabolism of long chain fatty acids.* L carnitine is stored in skeletal muscles where it is needed to transform fatty acids into energy for muscle activity.*
    Calcium 600 – This bone supporting caplet combines 600 mg of bone building calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption.
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pre weight training workouts I take a double scoop of Jack3d and a post workout protein of whatever I happen to get on sale. I started out with the GNC Wheybolic Amp 60 or something but that was expensive. I'm working my way through a Twinlab Whey Protein in chocolate and have a vanilla one lined up after that. $20 for the 5lb canisters! :smile:

For pills, I just take a multivitamin at the moment but I am adding fish oil to that once my order gets in. Normally I would also take a CLA tablet 3x a day and an Oxy Elite Pro in the morning and at lunch (single dose each) but I'm on my off cycle at the moment. I'm definitely missing the energy boost the OEP provides but I can't really tell of the CLA is making a big difference or not. I do know that I had been consistently loosing weight every week while I was on it but this is the my first week off OEP and CLA and I've actually crept up 2 pounds since last week with everything else being the same. Also I didn't think the OEP was really suppressing my appetite but I definitely noticed it today as I was really hungry and finished a meal that I had not been been able to finish the week before.
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    Pre weight training workouts I take a double scoop of Jack3d and a post workout protein of whatever I happen to get on sale. I started out with the GNC Wheybolic Amp 60 or something but that was expensive. I'm working my way through a Twinlab Whey Protein in chocolate and have a vanilla one lined up after that. $20 for the 5lb canisters! :smile:

For pills, I just take a multivitamin at the moment but I am adding fish oil to that once my order gets in. Normally I would also take a CLA tablet 3x a day and an Oxy Elite Pro in the morning and at lunch (single dose each) but I'm on my off cycle at the moment. I'm definitely missing the energy boost the OEP provides but I can't really tell of the CLA is making a big difference or not. I do know that I had been consistently loosing weight every week while I was on it but this is the my first week off OEP and CLA and I've actually crept up 2 pounds since last week with everything else being the same. Also I didn't think the OEP was really suppressing my appetite but I definitely noticed it today as I was really hungry and finished a meal that I had not been been able to finish the week before.

Im not totally on board w/ the cla..but im finding it pretty cheap so i may just try a bottle....
  • CMuzzy
    CMuzzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Superpump Max for my pre, API Aftermath or Sizeon for my post and Myofusion for protein. I like mixing the protein and making shakes before bed to satisfy my cravings. As for pills, I use a multivitamin and beta alanine. I've tried a lot of pre/post supplements and love Gaspari products.