Favorite dessert 'substitute' ?

Options
rca27801
rca27801 Posts: 20 Member
Most of us have a healthy alternative to turn to when that sweet tooth starts to kick in. What is your go-to snack when you're ready for sweets? Personally, mine is apples and peanut butter.

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Non-fat Greek yogurt, sweetened with Truvia, flavored with vanilla or almond extract over fresh berries. All of this drizzled with light chocolate syrup. Maybe a piece of dark chocolate on the side. Honestly, this is one of my favorite things to eat to the point I don't feel I am subbing for anything at all.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i just eat the sweets if i want it. Apples and peanut butter was my go to before i realized the amount of calories i was eating in peanut butter i could fit the cookies cake ice cream ect
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Non fat frozen yogurt w whipped cream and salted peanuts omg yum
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    rca27801 wrote: »
    Most of us have a healthy alternative to turn to when that sweet tooth starts to kick in. What is your go-to snack when you're ready for sweets? Personally, mine is apples and peanut butter.

Oh my goodness apples and peanut butter is like cake for me. You've inspired me to eat this tomorrow morning lol.

If it's sweet it pleases me, I don't think apples and PB are any less awesome than a slice of brownie. Generally I guess I eat a lot of Greek yogurt with marmalade instead of ice cream or something
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    yogurt and peanut butter is my go to. Or if I'm feeling really needy. Sugar free chocolate pudding eaten with a spoon (of peanut butter).
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    If it aint broke, dont fix it....
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    fruit smoothies made with almond milk, fruit and ice cubes.
  • jcorchard89
    jcorchard89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A couple of squares of dark chocolate makes me a very happy girl!

• windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Protein mug cake - 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 egg white, 2 tbsp almond milk - 1 minute in the microwave
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Home made fruit sorbet from berries or mango with Greek yogurt and slivered armonds
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    Ice Cream

This was going to be my answer too. I tend to leave room for ice cream in my calories most days. #noregrets

*Edited because it's too early to spell.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream

This was going to be my answer to. I tend to leave room for ice cream in my calories most days. #noregrets

Ice cream AND chocolate cake
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So Delicious no sugar added coconut milk chocolate ice cream
    Banana "ice cream"
    A smoothie with chocolate protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    Special K bars
    Hot cocoa.. Cocoa powder with vanilla almond milk and stevia
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream

This was going to be my answer too. I tend to leave room for ice cream in my calories most days. #noregrets

*Edited because it's too early to spell.

Same.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese (4oz) with 1 packet of sweet and low, or 1tsp of real sugar if you prefer, and 1tsp of vanilla extract. Mix and enjoy.
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    watermelon of fresh fruits
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I'm being good, some berries drizzled with dark chocolate is awfully tasty. I have also done the homemade sorbet, which is delicious, though I'm not big on cold/frozen things.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Quest Cookies N Creme protein bars or ONE Bars (the birthday cake flavor is BOMB)
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Fit Crunch bars. Quest "compacted sawdust that slept next to chocolate once" bars suck, get fit crunch (buy at Walmart lol) a gazillion times better than all of the other bars out there.