Who goes up the stairs first?

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
You or your SO?

I always go after him, because I know if he goes first my butt's getting touched.

*unless I'm frisky, then I go first.

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    IDK, we don't really ever walk up steps at the same time...hmmph
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Whoever wins the race to the stairs and throws elbows to get there.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    No fair, we don't have stairs in our house.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe tonight you should change that.
    Light some candles, put on some Mazzy Star and say "hey, sweetie... let's try something different" And then make him walk up the stairs with you.
    Except have him go firs.ta
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    depends if i want him to watch me wiggle while i walk.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always go up the stairs first, not because I want too, but because he pretty much makes me. Sounds bad, but he said he would feel horrible if I ever fell (I"m VERY clumsy) and he wasn't behind me to catch me.

Or maybe it's because he just likes to grab my butt but hey. LOL. I'm not complaining ;)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Maybe tonight you should change that.
    Light some candles, put on some Mazzy Star and say "hey, sweetie... let's try something different" And then make him walk up the stairs with you.
    Except have him go firs.ta

Ha! Our daughter (almost 3) saw us dancing in the kitchen last night while making dinner and she ran over and asked to dance with us too. We don't get much mommy & daddy only time..lighting candles? romance? running up stairs? maybe when she's in college
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Etiquette says women go up first, men lead going down stairs. That way if the lady stumbles, he is in position to catch her.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We live in a ranch house. BUT in our gym, the weight room is upstairs. He always goes behind, and my butt ALWAYS gets touched.
  • asasser2002
    Options
    Etiquette says women go up first, men lead going down stairs. That way if the lady stumbles, he is in position to catch her.

HA! I didn't know it was "etiquette" but I'm always worried about tripping so I make my husband go down first and up second so he'll break my landing. LOL
  • Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whoever wins the race to the stairs and throws elbows to get there.

Hahaha! This is us too! :)
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    I usually go 1st. I have the keys to unlock the door (we live on the 2nd floor) and he is usually carrying whatever we got from the store or a kid...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Me, he is slow.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    We don't have a pattern.... but I do go up before my dogs
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Me, bc I know he's staring at my fabulous behind
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I do, but only because he takes his shoes off downstairs and I take mine off upstairs
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    When he is tired of being out all day.. He bolts. Gone. Done. By the time I get up there, he's already in pajamas on the couch with ice cream.

Then there's the other half of the time when he has me go first so he can pinch my butt. >.<
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Well the dog goes up the stairs first, she's faster. But the DH always makes a point of walking behind me, stairs or no, says he likes the view ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

Also, etiquette says a man should go first into a revolving door, so he can get it going for her.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm always up the stairs of our building first because my keys are more easily accessible than his. And he's usually carrying our son, so his hands are fuller than mine making it easier for me to get the door open for him.