Losing and Gaining

Options
Ever since i started working out this has been happening to me : during the 5 days i workout i gain weight, and during the rest days i lose weight, i work out again and gain it all back, and when i stop i lose it again. why is that? my daily calorie goal is 1200

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking more water on the days you work out and it is water weight?
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Are you drinking more water on the days you work out and it is water weight?
    i drink about as much water i think
  • justjennnnn
    justjennnnn Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Omg same here! I'm so annoyed because I feel the benefits of the exercise, I feel stronger and healthier, but then get super depressed about my weight going up as a result! It's so the opposite of what I'm going for here!!! I can't tell you why this happens, I'm just commiserating I guess, lol. Someone help us!!
  • jandsstevenson887
    Options
    How long has this been happening?
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How long has this been happening?

ive started about three weeks ago
  • jandsstevenson887
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. Maybe this would be better for you. Pick one of your rest days and weigh in then and don't let the fluctuations bother you.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are NORMAL....very NORMAL. Don't weigh yourself as often. Judge your progress by how your clothes feel and how strong you are getting from your workouts. The scale just spits out a number, don't worship it. Oh, and it's doubly hard for a woman...even more fluctuations thanks to TOM, etc. Just keep on keepin on. It took my two years to lose 20 pounds. Don't be duped by the stupid diet plans that promise a lot and deliver nothing.