High protein breakfast!

Options
I just started with a personal trainer and based on the program I am doing, he says I need about 42g of protein at breakfast alone. How the heck do I do that?? Any ideas for food?

Replies

• anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I get 50g of protein at breakfast eating tilapia fillets and oatmeal. Both are high volume foods that will keep you full and tilapia is low in calories, high in protein.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I get 50g of protein at breakfast eating tilapia fillets and oatmeal. Both are high volume foods that will keep you full and tilapia is low in calories, high in protein.
    It just seems like so much to eat!

• Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There's been studies where over a certain amount at a sitting doesn't matter. I think it's around 30?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Six egg whites omelette (from carton) (30g protein); 1 slice kirkland multi grain toast (6g protein), 1 Tbsp peanut butter (4g protein)...

That said, it seems excessive...what's your total daily goal. Anything over about 1g per Lb of LBM isn't adding any benefit really.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt with a scoop of whey in it tastes good. Can go fat free yogurt if your protein tastes good. Other than that, protein waffles/ pancakes, eggs, or just eat a lunch dish for b-fast.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Six egg whites omelette (from carton) (30g protein); 1 slice kirkland multi grain toast (6g protein), 1 Tbsp peanut butter (4g protein)...

That said, it seems excessive...what's your total daily goal. Anything over about 1g per Lb of LBM isn't adding any benefit really.

This. 1g protein per pound of lean body mass is the upper limit for male athletes.
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I just started with a personal trainer and based on the program I am doing, he says I need about 42g of protein at breakfast alone. How the heck do I do that?? Any ideas for food?

I usually get 3 egg whites fried with no butter or oil and some garlic, and then drink a new whey protein shot on the way to work. Its 41g of protein