I got pulled over this morning.

Options

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    so just a thoguht taht isnt really that well related to the topic. cool
    ekahnicole wrote: »

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

Wow. Didn't see this comment. I think that is ridiculous!

I'm actually kind of offended to be honest because my sexuality has not been disclosed, nor do I feel it's relevant to this incident. But you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm a caveman who is being homophobic. That was uncool. Please have an open mind in the future as too many atrocities have occurred due to false assumptions.

im with you man
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    Report him for what? Not giving you a ticket? I think it's funny. Just ignore it if you're not interested! Last I heard, being gay is not illegal.

lol. is this a real post?

just what i want! police pulling people over just to hit on them

re[port him, hopefully they take his badge and fire him

wow you're pretty unforgiving, hate cops much? I don't think he should be fired for this, reprimanded maybe but fired definitely not, I think your panties are a little too twisted up over this. God it blows my mind how SOME people are ready to ruin someones life over stupid crap like this... Hope you never do something small and harmless and then get fired by someone like yourself......wait I hope you do
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    lol. nice melt
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

I'm actually kind of offended to be honest because my sexuality has not been disclosed, nor do I feel it's relevant to this incident. But you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm a caveman who is being homophobic. That was uncool. Please have an open mind in the future as too many atrocities have occurred due to false assumptions.

Then by all means, please explain what you are so worked up about if that's not it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Report him for what? Not giving you a ticket? I think it's funny. Just ignore it if you're not interested! Last I heard, being gay is not illegal.

wow you're pretty unforgiving, hate cops much? I don't think he should be fired for this, reprimanded maybe but fired definitely not, I think your panties are a little too twisted up over this. God it blows my mind how SOME people are ready to ruin someones life over stupid crap like this... Hope you never do something small and harmless and then get fired by someone like yourself......wait I hope you do

You just said that so you could blow your own mind.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I understand why you'd be uncomfortable with this situation. Like you said, he's got all your info, could easily find out much more about you. Authority makes me crazy nervous. He likely broke a rule giving you his number, but I'd let it go if that's all he did.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

You just said that so you could blow your own mind.

I like the one two combo of experience and then empathy

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Post his phone number and we can all give him a call. "Hey, Big Boy, my buddies and I are doing "YMCA" nude and we need a Policeman."

best response ever. ever.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Then by all means, please explain what you are so worked up about if that's not it.

Already did, homeslice.

Don't like my privacy violated if it's not in accordance with someone's job duties. A member of law enforcement isn't just "some guy" either.

Can you dig it???

• Rage_Phish
    Options
    would hate to see what happens when this officers inappropriate behavior goes unchecked, and begins to escalate
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I would document the incident and exact word exchange and keep the slip of paper, put it all away in a file. If you find several months has passed and nothing else happened, then it is forgotten. If something comes of it, say unexplained police harassment, etc., then you have your proof and your documentation.

I probably wouldn't report it. Only if, like I said, something came of it on his side.

(Make sure you have his name and possibly his badge # too.)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    It is different than a waiter, or clerk, or accountant or lots of other people-at-work hitting on you, because he is in a position of power. I would not report him, but I would keep the piece of paper and a note documenting the incident (plus you have posted here.) If he makes contact with you or pulls you over again, then file a report. Otherwise I would accept it as the compliment it is and thank the appropriate being for whatever feature atttracted him and got me out of a ticket.

Plus other dear readers - we don't know what kind of vibe the OP has. Maybe he is interested in other gentlemen, just not this one.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This sounds a little made up, but if it's not what a compliment! Enjoy the flattery and let it go. I would report it only if he propositioned you like let's do this or.... Since that didn't happen, let it go!

This.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    would hate to see what happens when this officers inappropriate behavior goes unchecked, and begins to escalate

Exactly! It's like none of these people watch Criminal Minds.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Exactly! It's like none of these people watch Criminal Minds.

Binging watcing Criminal Minds would mean I never leave my house .... except everyone dies there too .... OMG we are doomed.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Not professional or a wise move while on duty, but OP would you report an attractive waitress who did the same thing? Or just feel flattered and move along.

Unless the waitress is legally empowered to shoot and/or detain you, this isn't a good analogy.

It wasn't meant to be an equal analogy. But, thanks for noticing.

Then how was it meant? If not an analogy then what?

I would not be tempted to report a waitress who did the same thing because she probably isn't carrying a gun and handcuffs and a taser. Even if she was, she isn't legally allowed to kill me and keep her job. If a female police officer did the same thing, I would be very tempted to report her because it would be an abuse of her legal authority, and as citizens in a democracy we all deserve not to be harassed by civil servants.

Surely you can agree with that?
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would just let it go. Reporting it will only cause unnecessary drama. If you just ignore it, he'll forget about it and move on. Unless he ends up stalking you that is....
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Post his phone number and we can all give him a call. "Hey, Big Boy, my buddies and I are doing "YMCA" nude and we need a Policeman."

Lol! That would be funny!
  • lilkimi525
    lilkimi525 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sorry.... Looking at that pic.... I'd pull you over too... Just saying