What is your favorite fish?

Options
AlciaMode
AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
I love fish, and do not eat it often enough. I love salmon, swordfish, tuna, tilapia, and sea bass. I do not much care for flounder. What are your favorite fishes and how do you like them prepared?

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Salmon and sea bass fresh. We bake them in the oven with salt and pepper.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Salmon.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    fish and chips..... sorry just had to ;)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love fish! I love Seabass, Orange roughy, Cod, Bass, White Perch, Red Snapper, Tuna, and Flounder.

Not to mention other seafoods like boiled crabs, softshell crabs, boiled crawfish, shrimp, clams, and mussels
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tuna, caviar, salmon and tilapia. Actually raised tilapia in high school and learned how to filet them.

We also had a sand shark!
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you want recipes PM me.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I like tuna from a can on a sandwich

I like cod or flounder filet baked with cajun seasoning and panko crumbs.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lake perch. Pricey bur delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Trout and salmon, halibut, tuna steak, cod, black cod (only had in restaurants), sea bass, but really almost any (dislike only canned tuna, flounder--but haven't tried since I was a kid--and catfish).

One favorite and super easy preparation is skate in brown butter sauce. Brown butter, cook skate in it (it cooks super fast), take off the burner and add a little white wine vinegar.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I guess based on the number of ways I like it, probably pollock or cod. Sauteed, grilled, fried, broiled, ceviche, etc.

My real fave is raw salmon, though. Smoked salmon with a bagel and fixings is a close second.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Monkfish (looks really ugly, but has a firm texture and taste like lobster!), trout, catfish, and just about anything that someone else caught fresh and I was able to cook over campfire within the hour!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Depends on how it is prepared....

Broiled - Atlantic Salmon
    Fish and chips - Baramundi or Haddock
    Poke - tuna
    Sushi - Toro
    Bbq - Mahi Mahi
    Freshwater - trout or perch
    Smoked - whitefish
    Cured - Salmon
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Salmon, grilled with cayenne pepper is my absolute favorite. I eat it at least twice per week. I also love tuna but prefer it with Hellman's mayo which I've been abstaining from. So I usually just eat the Starkist Tuna Creation pouches straight out of the pouch with a fork. My favorites are buffalo, lemon pepper, and sweet & spicy. If I want another grilled fish but don't feel in the mood for salmon I'll grill Swai.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    All of the above fishes pretty much as well as little fishes like chubs. Little fishes are delicious munches. Gonna get me some this week P:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I generally love fatty fish, don't care much for the white "boring" ones.
    Salmon - smoked, with onion and cream cheese on crispbread; filet, baked in oven with rice+soy sauce and peas or green beans.
    Tuna - tuna salad with mayo and onions, on crispbread ir in pita; or straight from the can.
    Herring - pickled, for dinner with mashed potatoes and onions, or on crispbread, also love kippers and sardines.
    Trout - smoked, on crispbread.
    Mackerel - smoked+peppered, on crispbread.
    I like salmon and tuna and some other fish too as sushi, but don't remember which ones.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    sockeye salmon, don't like the farmed salmon
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Orange Roughy and Salmon.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish anymore but when I did, I loved Monkfish. It's a really chunky meaty fish. Great for fish pies or goujons :)
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sea bass - pan seared with tons of garlic and butter
    Mahi mahi - with grape leaves and cherry tomatoes, recipe here
    Salmon - miso salmon & teriyaki salmon

And almost any whole fish works great braised Chinese style.