Easy vegan dinners for one?

Options
Any easy vegan dinner recipes for one??

Replies

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Mushroom fajitas are really easy to make for one. I nearly always make bigger portions so I can have the leftovers for lunch :)
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    lentils and quinoa can be cooked in one pot. takes about 15 minutes. Add some spices and steamed vegetables and you've got a good extremely filling meal-- though not the most exciting.
  • bethcooper00
    bethcooper00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A dahl curry is very good and quick to make x
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love rice mixed with beans and plenty of veggies and stir fry sauce
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Baked potato.
  • jaz312
    jaz312 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Burrito Bowl - Chuck in some salad, beans, corn, avocado, bit of rice, tofu and go crazy. One of my go to meals :)
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Cereal
  • japfume
    japfume Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been buying refried beans without any added lard and spreading those on two high fiber tortillas, just zap and eat, add salsa if that sounds too bland.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Pastas, soups
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    japfume wrote: »
    Lately I have been buying refried beans without any added lard and spreading those on two high fiber tortillas, just zap and eat, add salsa if that sounds too bland.

To build on this I learned it's super easy and cheap to make 'refried' beans in the slow cooker. I made a huge batch, froze them in single-serving portions using silicone muffin cups, and then would pull one out of the freezer and heat it up as needed.

This is the recipe I use:

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/not-refried-beans/
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Rice and veggies. You can literally put any type of sauce on it (little garlic and oil, tomato, soy sauce, teriyaki etc). I reccomend buying a rice cooker. We eat a lot of rice and buying a rice cooker and huge bags of rice saves us over $100 a month (instead of buying microwaveable rice). It doesn't take much longer either.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love rice mixed with beans and plenty of veggies and stir fry sauce

I do something similar... Brown rice with red kidneys or black beans, with a mix of whatever fresh veg I have on hand (usually onions, carrots, bell peppers and mushrooms), and occasionally a half a can of salsa-style tomatoes (or half a cup of salsa).
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I reccomend buying a rice cooker. We eat a lot of rice and buying a rice cooker and huge bags of rice saves us over $100 a month (instead of buying microwaveable rice). It doesn't take much longer either.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this recommendation. My rice cooker is the best small appliance purchase I've ever made!

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Vegan dinners for one = my life ;) Honestly though, I find it easier to make big batches of stuff for the week than cooking a meal from scratch every night. Usually if I want something special, I make protein pancakes - because who can resist breakfast for dinner? ;)

I eat a lot of curry bowls, either Asian on Indian inspired.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rice/millet/quinoa, beans, fat (avocado or coconut oil), and broccoli

Ate this everyday for dinner throughout college. Cheap and wholesome.

Without the fat though it's dissatisfying.

Or just get some Amy's frozen pizzas. Trader Joe's sells the roasted vegetable pizza under their label but it's exactly the same as Amy's, and a few bucks cheaper. You could split it in half; I think the whole pie is 900 cals.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make a crock pot of black beans, freeze some of it and use the rest with recipes like this:
    http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/12/50-awesome-vegan-black-bean-recipes.html