What is your favorite fish?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Shnapper, Garfish, whiting, Flathead andTuna.

Whiting, Garfish and Flathead are not very common in the food database here. I'm assuming that Americans call them by different names or they are not common or available in overseas waters??

Oh, and I cook all fish in butter, lemon pepper seasoning and dill, then add fresh lemon juice at the last minute.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    All of the above fishes pretty much as well as little fishes like chubs. Little fishes are delicious munches. Gonna get me some this week P:

I've never had the little fishes - except sardines from a can. Do you have some recipes you'd like to share, please?

My favorites are salmon (grilled, poached, raw, pan cooked, smoked) and mahimahi (grilled). And I love canned tuna.
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    i dont eat fish -
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Trout!
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Is crab a fish?? Lol
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Shnapper, Garfish, whiting, Flathead andTuna.

Whiting, Garfish and Flathead are not very common in the food database here. I'm assuming that Americans call them by different names or they are not common or available in overseas waters??

Oh, and I cook all fish in butter, lemon pepper seasoning and dill, then add fresh lemon juice at the last minute.

When we would go fishing when I was little, we would never keep Garfish they had too many bones to clean.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    im so jealous because i have always wanted to like fish ive spent my whole life trying to like it and i think (besides canned spinach) its the one thing i wont ever like. I can stomach real fish and chips. I also ignore the fish when i eat sushi. It sucks because fish fabrication (butchery) has always been my favorite
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    @64crayons

This would be a good basic to go by.

http://www.firsthandfitness.com/smelts-oven-baked.html

Also hands down my favorite fish? Mackerel. I like oily fish.
  • jimmyhsharkey
    jimmyhsharkey Posts: 51 Member
    I'm a South Florida native, which is one of the best places i have found for fresh fish. I am personally impartial to Yellowtail Snapper or Grouper, but will eat just about any saltwater fish. Not a big fan of freshwater fish, I downright hate salmon, and anything from a can makes my the very fiber of my soul sad.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Salmon and shrimp:)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Sea bass, baked w salt pepper garlic tomato onion and olive oil.
    Halibut is my favorite. Prepared any way is good, sometimes we bake it w a seasoned panko crust, very good.
    Fried red snapper.
    Recently tried swordfish and I thought it was really good, the texture reminded me of a tuna steak but not as firm.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Love all fish and shell fish
    But as a Dutchie i love herring ( salted one) and smoked eal.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Seabass and grouper- steamed (lemongrass, lime freshly squeezed, ginger, garlic, onion, chinese parsley, salt, pepper and keffir lime leaves)

Red snapper- as a refreshing soup (with lemongrass, ginger, chinese parsley, garlic and a few herbs and spices for fish soup)

Salmon- grilled
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Mmmmmm i forgot about mackrel and herring, yummy
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    As a Gulf Coast native, I adore redfish on the half shell with mango salsa. And stuffed flounder. And fried sea trout with Cajun remoulade. They taste even better when I'm the one catching them.

I like sardines with tomato sauce, right out of the can, but nobody but the cats will hang out with me afterwards.

Cooking Light has a recipe for Sweet Orange Salmon that makes even so-so farmed salmon delicious.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Wild salmon - baked with olive oil, garlic, lemon and herbs.
    Shrimp - pan seared with jerk seasoning
    Raw oysters
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Salmon, swordfish, fresh tuna, trout, fresh anchovies and... how is in English?... striped red mullet or surmullet.

I usually eat it grilled, with a simple salad with olive oil.

But hey, swordfish is delicious prepared as breadcrumbed cutlets and salmon goes very well with tomato sauce :smile:

Other favorite fish dishes:
    acqua pazza: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acqua_pazza_(food)
    baccalá alla vicentina: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baccalà_alla_vicentina
    Hungarian fisherman's soup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisherman's_soup
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Clownfish look pretty cool in a tropical fish tank.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Cod, haddock, tuna, salmon, swordfish
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Paprika Grilled Salmon with Lemon Aioli
    0v2296xg6nh7.jpg