2»

Replies

• saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    saraAmcd wrote: »
    Newborns sleep a lot.

And most husbands aren't completely worthless. Ask him to step up.

Definitely true.
  • kris10cass
    kris10cass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's hard...I remember feeling guilty just putting my LO on the floor or bouncer so I could workout.. but try it and try it again and it will get easier... they love watching you do jumping jacks and all that stuff. Or if you go to the gym, it's only an hour someone has to watch the baby! Do you live in an area where it's nice out? Even just walking is good to get yourself back in to activity! Plus, nap time is perfect too!! (Though, I would nap when baby naps... which is probably why 2 years later I am still working on the baby weight...haha)
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the moms above. I am a new mom of a 3 month old. He doesn't nap during the day anymore, so I put him in the bouncy chair and he watches me while I work out at home. It took awhile to get him used to sitting on his own for a bit, but now he is really good at it and thinks it's a game (and yes you do feel horribly guilty as a mom, not holding or playing with the LO 24/7, even for 30-60 minutes, when you are staring right at him singing nursery rhymes). I also did Jamie Eason post-pregnancy plan early on, as mentioned by a post above. I also go on walks with him and my dog. I hope to maybe get a running stroller and do runs with him outside in the future. My husband works insane long hours so I can't have him look after the little one. I am looking into a gym with childcare for the future.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old now. Up until now I would just make sure I kept busy walking, I did all the household errands to get in steps and make sure your calories are 100% accurate and on point. I am down from 204 to 157 since her birth. Pre pregnancy I was 155 or so. With basically 0 workout. Now my body isn't the same BF% as I lifted heavy pre pregnancy.

I bought 1 set of adjustable dumbbells ($100), excesice ball ($15), resistance band set ($25), and a jogging stroller ($0 of yardsale site).

That's all you really need. $200 worth of stuff and you can workout at home easy and lift weights. Free wise, youtube channel be-fit.

You child should be napping. You will want to get them on a schedule sooner then later for daytime naps. My newborn was a nighttime awake daytime napper till about 2 months so I know the frustration and lack of sleep. I also went back to work at 3 weeks. My daughter goes to work with me and I work 11 hour days.

Diet is 90% of the weight loss, working out is only 10%. You can workout enough to fix a bad diet.
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Depending where you live, look into Stroller Strides or other similar programs. I did this when my 1st was about 3 months old. It helped me connect with other moms ease back into working out. Now with 2, double jogging stroller is awesome and we turned our garage into a gym with an Olympic weight set etc. Dad watches the girls while I work out. Before our garage conversion, I was going to a gym that had child care for only $15/month ($5 for the 2nd kid). Totally worth it.