Thyroid Cancer Survivor

Options
Just getting back into health and fitness routines as I am on the winning end of my cancer battle. I gained about 30 lbs over the past 3 years due to thyroid issues. We didn't know it was cancer until mid June this year. Cancer treatment has wrecked my body and I'm starting from scratch.

Now, I'm starting a whole new chapter. I have an endocrinologist that knows what he's doing and knows how hard I'm willing to work to meet my fitness goals.

I'm asking for support from the community to help motivate me and support me as I start this road to full recovery!!

Replies

• maaryellenmaher
    Options
    I'm a thyroid cancer survivor as well . I gained about 30 pounds too. I totally understand how frustrating it is to gain so much weight . I'm on track with my eating since I really have to track everything I eat. And it's not much in order to lose the weight
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the very best of luck :]
    So glad to see you are healthy and happy.
  • jpssteel21
    jpssteel21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    First of all...you are an inspiration and it is all of us who can learn from you. Please feel free to add me. I would be honored!
  • sherbertriot
    sherbertriot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a survivor. I thought I would be the only one on here. It's nice to see I am not alone.
  • sabrina1479
    sabrina1479 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and was diagnosed 28 years ago. I've been battling with my weight ever since. I was told I'm "lucky" my Drs bc I only want to lose 20-30 pounds. I find the eating clean and exercise is the best approach! Any advise or suggestions of that have worked for others would be greatly appreciated! I always love to hear from others who know what life I like!!
  • sabrina1479
    sabrina1479 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and was diagnosed 28 years ago. I've been battling with my weight ever since. I was told I'm "lucky" my Drs bc I only want to lose 20-30 pounds. I find the eating clean and exercise is the best approach! Any advise or suggestions of that have worked for others would be greatly appreciated! I always love to hear from others who know what life I like!!