You can lose your booty if you're not careful...

Options
Hey all you ladies (and gents) who are what I call, "Booty-Conscious." I have been back to my regular workouts and routine, with the main focus of losing some weight. (Gotta get that bikini-ready body, along with prepping for my wedding!) My gym regimen: Five days a week, cardio, abs, and weight training. I'm losing weight and things are great! Until...

I try on a dress that I was planning on wearing to work the next day. I'm looking in the mirror, examining, turning from side to side... And then I notice... I blink. I stare. I look again. "Where did my butt go??"

I've been very blessed to not ever having to "work out my butt." With all the sports I was involved in since I was young, my glutes were always being activated. Thus: Cute, plump butt.

I didn't even think about the fact that if you can grow a booty... You can lose a booty!

I'm writing this blog to bring awareness.

Watch out for certain cardio exercises. If you're not careful... You'll notice less plump. More frying pan. Yikes!

Here are some tips:
1) If you're running on a treadmill, always run on an incline. When I was getting back into shape, I wasn't worried about the difficulty or challenge that came with running on an incline, but more so the fact that I was running and losing calories. WRONG! The best results come from intervals of sprinting, running, jogging on at least a 6.0 incline.

2) Stairmaster
Oh man. Does this make the booty burn! The more resistance, the better. Even ten minutes on the Stairmaster is better than 30 min on the treadmill.

3) #LegDay
I know, I know. The dreaded leg day. Leg day for me has now become Booty Day. Lunges. Squats. Leg presses. Kick backs. All of the above will grow your booty to be firm, plump and sexy!

4) Carb - cycle:
Carbs are essential to sustain your muscle. It's no secret: You guys know, diet is everything! According to Lean Gains @ ShockingFit.com: Pick three days where it's high carbs. Two days where it's medium carbs. Two days where is low carbs. Keep your protein and fats the same... So it's pretty simple! For instance: Have your high carb days for your high intensive work out days. Or have your high carb days on your leg days because you're working on your booty. What's the math? On a medium carb day, it should be 1.25g of carbs per pound of body weight. Example: If you weigh 100lbs = 125g of carbs. On a high carb day, you should consume 125% of your medium carb intake. Your low carb day is 75% of your medium carb intake.

I hope I have brought awareness to you cardio junkies. Cardio is awesome, but what type of cardio will help you either maintain the booty you already have or help continue to keep it firm! Be booty conscious!

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Amazing post.... Thanks for sharing! I to woke up one morning to realize my booty was GONE....
  • _beachready
    _beachready Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you @Tini_doll for taking your time to write this. Great advices!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    :smile:
  • soliver138
    soliver138 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great post!!
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Tini_Doll wrote: »
    4) Carb - cycle:
    Carbs are essential to sustain your muscle.

No, they're not.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is not necessary for weightloss or muscle gain. Eating adequate protein is.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Not all of us are so vain as to care.... "Booty-conscious" just makes you sound like the product of one of those reality 'role models', famous for posing around....

Way to be discouraging to someone that took their time to write a thoughtful post for people that don't want to lose their butts while losing weight, which is a pretty normal concern. If you are not one of said group of people, and if you don't have anything nice to comment, then maybe, just maybe, you try & move along?

I rather be your definition of "vain", than be rude.

Freedom of speech. I dont have to be your definition of 'nice'. I am allowed to say I disapprove. And I do. I dont like marketing campaigns which can indirectly produce insecurity.

@eldamiano This has nothing to do with "freedom of speech" and the first amendment. No, you don't have to be nice. But anyone else is also allowed to call you out if they please.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    Tini_Doll wrote: »
    4) Carb - cycle:
    Carbs are essential to sustain your muscle.

No, they're not.

x2...

Mind you even doing squats etc I have lost my butt...not totally but my hips are smaller and there have been comments.

I am okay with that cause my legs are awesome....from squats and deads...and what butt I have is firm...esp for being over 40.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Not all of us are so vain as to care.... "Booty-conscious" just makes you sound like the product of one of those reality 'role models', famous for posing around....

Way to be discouraging to someone that took their time to write a thoughtful post for people that don't want to lose their butts while losing weight, which is a pretty normal concern. If you are not one of said group of people, and if you don't have anything nice to comment, then maybe, just maybe, you try & move along?

I rather be your definition of "vain", than be rude.

Freedom of speech. I dont have to be your definition of 'nice'. I am allowed to say I disapprove. And I do. I dont like marketing campaigns which can indirectly produce insecurity.
    Marketing campaign? The OP wrote a post to be helpful.

You exercised your freedom of speech by commenting on the OP's post, now we exercise ours by commenting on yours.

Or not, since you seem to have deleted.
  • bodesandmizzle
    bodesandmizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with number 4, but everything else is helpful.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're in a deficit and losing a substantial amount of weight, you're hips are most likely going to slim at some point. I had 44 inch hips that went down to 37. I weight trained heavy, no cardio, adequate protein. Carb cycling has nothing to do with this and carbs are not "essential".

I knew my butt was going to get a little flat if I lost enough weight. That's why I bulked once I was lean enough :)