Tell us about Onderland!

Options
13»

Replies

• DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Crossed the perimeter a few weeks back, and then got kicked out a week or so later. Held incommunicado at just over 200 by surly border sentries who finally let their guard down about a week ago. This time I am in disguise (Groucho glasses) and hope to sneak past 190 before they find me again. If you see me around just pretend you don't know me.

This post is genius. Thanks for the laugh. I'm literally 1.2 lbs away from ONEderland today (my weigh day) and it'll be the first since 9 years ago. I really hope it will energize me to lose the rest of the weight after I "cross the border."
  • DanaR12878
    DanaR12878 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hit 199.8 on May 13th here is my blog post from that day:

ONEderful ONEderland!
    *jumping up and down* I did it!!!!!

This morning the scale FINALLY had a 1 at the begining of it, barely (199.8) but it was there. I think I was on the scale atleast 10 times before I believed it. It has been over 5 years since I have seen that. I am so happy I want to dance.

I also just figured out I have less than 20lbs (19.6) to get to my 1st BIG GOAL (not being obese). Suddenly that doesn't seem impossible anymore. I kept thinking - I will never get there, I will never actually do that! But now I feel that it is attainable. Might take me a little while yet, but I will get there!!!

And I am on track - actually a little head of where I need to be - to reach my goal for my BFF's wedding in Novemeber. I will do this!

Wow I suddenly have a much better feeling about things - its such a nice feeling.

Now to look forward to next weekend when I will get to run my 1st 5k for the year!! Lets keep the good news coming!

I am now down to 192 (its a slow go for me some months) and its great to see that number keep going down- I like other people have said am eagerly awaiting 180's now!!
  • sparrow747
    sparrow747 Posts: 87
    Options
    11 pounds to go for me! Aiming to reach this by Labor Day. Congrats to everyone who has reached or on their way to Onederland!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I haven't been under 200 in at least 10 years (probably more like 12). I weighed in at 200.2 this morning. Soooo close! I want to be there by 7/8 because we're going to visit my parents then. Every time I've started trying to get healthy and lose weight, going home has torpedoed my efforts. I'd go out to eat and eat my parents cooking and then when I got home, I just wouldn't ever get back to it. I'm hoping being under 200 will be more incentive to eat right and work out while I'm there.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's been a feat and it's glorious, but, you just start striving for the next set of numbers, or so I do! I was 236 and was able to get to 199.8 and then stuck at about 205 for quite a long time...then, down to 193, then back to 203...it seemed 200 was my arch nemesis for years! Now, this time around, I'm sitting at 190.6 and am waiting with serious anticipation to hit the 180's. There is definitely SOMETHING about the 200 lb mark - that was my goal, forever and a day, to just get under that - now, it's under 190...then I'll want to be under 180...and so on. But, it's also pretty rewarding and terrific to FINALLY be LESS than 200 lbs! Keep working at it - it's totally doable and so worth it!

The story of your struggle to "onederland" is inspiring. You had a few defeats - but kept at it! Often when I have a defeat, I'll give up for an extended time. I'm off to a very slow start. (Starting at 230, its been ~1 month, and don't have much to show for it yet) But I'm going to get to onederland this time!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I havent been under 200 since 2004...I am currently 205 I am freaking out because I am so close! Ready to get there!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • denanc
    denanc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    7 pounds.....just 7 pounds to go....and I've stalled completely :(
    [/quote

Me too, just 7 pounds to go. I can't wait to see the number 1 !!!!

Ooh we are at the same place and have the same goal....WE CAN DO IT!!!

Me too! I've been 5 from it for a week and half and I just want to see that number ONE!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    7 pounds.....just 7 pounds to go....and I've stalled completely :(

I have 7lbs to go also!! We got this!! :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and was in the 200s (as high as 270) for every day of my adult life. In March of this year I reached

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♪♪♪ ø¤º°`°º¤ø ONEDERLAND! `°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` ♪♪♪ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

and that day I started dancing dancing dancing for joy!

I feel like a stranger in my own body. I feel like my mind has been transferred into a different vessel. I look in the mirror and wonder if I am still the same person! When I meet people who've never known me, I don't know what they are thinking because I can't imagine that what they are seeing is really me!

It feels awesome and unreal at the same time.

But it feels wonderful, and that's why ONEderland is such a perfect name for it!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    May 19 this year I went into One-derland.
    Haven't been there in almost seven years. I quietly celebrated it.
    Three days later my town, Joplin, Mo was hit by a devastating tornado.
    And I found myself lost and full of emotions I had never had before.
    I realized how food was such a comfort for myself and people around me.
    I toggled back into the 200s and that was an awakening.
    I found a weakness I didn't know I had.
    I had reprogrammed myself not to celebrate with food, but I hadn't grabbed a hold of the fact that I comforted myself with it.
    So with God's help and prayer, I was freed from that bondage.
    Now sitting at 192, I am enjoying the freedom from those burdens.
    Continue to pray and support my hometown, so many lost so much.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I just hit One-derland two weeks ago. I'm tearing up just thinking about this because I have so many emotions inside of me that I haven't had a chance to release yet. I want to celebrate it but I really don't have anyone to celebrate it with. My mom is obese so I don't really want to share it with her. I feel like its rubbing it in her face. My hubby is deployed but he will be here in a month so I guess that will be good enough.

I haven't seen this size for 11 years...well 11 years 8 months when I got pregnant with my youngest son. I never thought I would see it ever again when I reached 324 lbs after the birth of my 3rd child. It took a lot for me to get here but it was worth it. Being under 200lbs means the world to me...to know that I finally did it....that I actually saw this through...I'm beyond happy.

Just today I walked pass the mirror with just my undies on and I had to do a double take because I still can't believe the reflection in the mirror is me.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I arrived in ONEderland just this morning and I felt like this:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing for me was going shopping today in the Misses section of the store. All of my pants were 24s and I had been cinching them with a belt for months (I'm actually on my 2nd belt now). I bought a size 16 today!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!