Exercise in the morning

Options
2»

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    What helps me is that my alarm is not just an alarm - it is one of those alarms that mimics the effect of the rising sun. So the beroom becomes brigther lit in a timeframe of 20 minutes (starts at 5.50) At 6.10 the birds starts to sing and I am allowed, occasionally, to silence them once. Then I get up in a brightly lit bedroom.
    Of course the silencing of the bird only works if it is the actual alarm bird. Just yesterday the bird was singing outside my bedroom (also a blackbird) No matter how much I hit the alarm the bird kept singing
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm a leisurely morning person, but I've recently found getting up early to workout works well for me. I warm up and do a quick set of bodyweight exercises for about 40 minutes, shower, and then I have a whole hour to myself to mill about and have my breakfast while I contemplate life. I find that I'm motivated to get up early because that extra leisurely period after my workout feels amazing (warm & fuzzy from being freshly showered, feel-good endorphins from working out).
  • rageving
    rageving Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hoppnerk wrote: »
    I can relate completely but the only way I could get a workout in was if I went early in the morning before I started my workday! Every morning when I want to go back to sleep I think about how important this is to me and I normally grab my phone so the light wakes me up once I'm out of bed I don't get back in it and then once I'm at the gym I really start to enjoy my morning. It is really hard at first but after about a week it just became habit to wake up at six and get right into my workout! Hope this helps with motivation a little good luck!!

I workout on my lunch break. Try it! Feels great!
  • Tammy518
    Tammy518 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lvllt wrote: »
    How does anyone get up to exercise before work? I keep trying but just end up going back to sleep!

You just set an alarm and jump like you're gonna attack a bear :) before it attacks you. But really after you get a good workout in a few mornings, you'll realize how awesome you felt all thru the day that you'll start to crave it more and more and once you feel like crud if you miss that workout, you'll go back. It's like the best drug without adverse bad side effects or hangovers. Only good will come of this addiction I promise.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person AT ALL, so I will never be able to wake up an hour earlier at 5am to exercise. I work out after I get off work and I'm perfectly okay with that since I'm not sacrificing sleep.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lots of people work out in the morning because it's their only real option and not because it's "easier." Personally I love working out right after work, which gets rid of the stress from the work day and energizes me for the rest of the evening. I am thankful that I do not have family or other commitments at this point in my life, that evening workouts are an option for me.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I get up at 4.30am to get in an hour at the gym before walking the dogs, doing mum stuff and heading off for work by 8am. I just dont have the time or energy after work and the gym is always packed then anyway - plus I'm usually doing something rugby related outside after work!

It helps that i've always been an early riser - when I was 15 I got up at 5.30 every morning to look after my dads horse so that I could ride it!!

Plus my kids never slept as babies/toddlers so to not be woken until 6am was a huge lie in. Now they are teenagers, of course they struggle to get up at 7am for school and weekends, well if I see them before 10am its a miracle!

I do have to be asleep by 10pm to get up at 4.30am though so rubbish for keeping up with anything on TV or to have an actual social life.
  • Tammy518
    Tammy518 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok up, coffee in, heading for a walk now, see that easy :) and it feels GOOOOOOOD.