Need help! I've reached a plateau! (& need Fitbit friends!)

Options
Hi!

Been using MFP for about 8 Months now! Hit a plateau recently! Can't seem to lose much more weight, or strip the fat from my waist line! My defecit is 750kcal a day, I'm about 20% body fat @ 92kg and a height of 178cm (I'm 29 y/o) and It just doesn't seem to want to go lower than that! Macros are 45 carb 25 fat and 30 protein for around 2500-2700 kcal consumed a day. I have one day (sometimes 2) a weekend where I don't log, but eat pretty much what I do in the week.

I walk at least 10miles every weekday and I train 5 times a week, 1hr weights and 1/2 hour cardio (elliptical or treadmill) - all activity is changed up and never the same to keep my body adapting constantly. Workouts and activity are tracked on a Fitbit Surge, I wanted to accurately measure my activity using my HR.

I need some help! Does anyone know what I can change up?

Also if anyone wants to give me an add for a bit of motivation! Both on MFP and Fitbit! Fitbit email is acquaman1987@aol.com

Gennaro!

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    define "recently".
  • Gennaro1987
    Gennaro1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The last month and a half
  • abadvat
    Options
    calories and strength remained the same and scale / BF% not moving?
  • Gennaro1987
    Gennaro1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My calories have been consistent, I did try bringing them down further but my strength suffered, no massive PR's hit recently! Yeah body fat % isn't budging!
  • tempeliik
    tempeliik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    U need to change ur diet. If u r eating dairy, cut the dairy, along with sugar. Add more veggies to ur diet and consume a gallon of water a day. Increase ur cardio time to 45 minutes. Drink lots of green tea and use hot sauce on ur food. Switch ur diet around and u will see the weight fall off.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tempeliik wrote: »
    U need to change ur diet. If u r eating dairy, cut the dairy, along with sugar. Add more veggies to ur diet and consume a gallon of water a day. Increase ur cardio time to 45 minutes. Drink lots of green tea and use hot sauce on ur food. Switch ur diet around and u will see the weight fall off.

Yeah, don't follow any of this. Dairy does not hinder weight loss and neither does sugar. A gallon of water does nothing except for keeping you hydrated. Increased cardio time creates a larger calorie deficit, but doesn't cause weight loss in and of itself. Green tea, while tasty, does nothing for weight loss. Hot sauce also does nothing for weight loss.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Maybe start with tracking those weekends? Make sure you are not eating (no pun intended!) into your deficit unintentionally.
  • abadvat
    Options
    you sure it is a plateau and you have not hit maintenance instead??