Will doing cross-trainer everyday for about 30 mins increase thigh size?

Options
My ankles hurt from a sprain whenever I try the treadmill! So, I m sticking with the cross-trainer. & I do it in aerobics mode with a resistance of 12. & the problem area is my thighs which I need to reduce! So, I don't want my thighs to put up muscles.
What's your experience with the cross-trainer? Am I doing it wrong?
Thanks.

Replies

• RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love cross trainer as I killed my heel a few years ago doing too much running. Cross trainer is much better for me. But for training specific muscle groups I found I need specific exercises. If I do just cross trainer for a longer period of time, my body gets used to it and I stopped having any weight loss. It started being less demanding. So I combine different types of exercise.
  • debbiehall1974
    debbiehall1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the cross trainer, it works all of your legs muscles and your bum. I think (but I'm no expert!) that any cardio will burn calories, and basically if you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight. On a cardio day I do a 20 minute variable course on the cross trainer set at average resistance of 8. Then a 20 minute variable course on the bike same resistance. They are my 2 favourite machines in the gym :smile:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    If you get any gainz from cardio alone, they will be very minimal. You need a combination of a strength training program and calorie surplus in your diet to have any real noticeable difference in your muscle mass. If you are a woman, you are severely behind the 8 ball in the first place as it is much harder for women to gain muscle mass.

tl;dr: Don't worry about gaining any real muscle from cardio alone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!