2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »
    Okay I thought someone would say it by now

Commando is best-under bike shorts especially
    Avoid anything that could rub and chafe

That's padded bike shorts. The padding is designed to be next to your skin.

• bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    I am so glad someone else asked this question! I took my first spin class this week and I was sore for two days afterward. I am going to keep with it though and I may try the padded bike shorts!
  • debbiehall1974
    debbiehall1974 Posts: 3 Member
    I did my first spin class last week,(I was scared I had heard it was painful too) and although it was uncomfortable, it wasn't painful. My sit bone area felt a bit sore the next day, but nothing major. Make sure you are sat back on the seat, and like everyone else has said get your bike set up by the instructor the first time. I did my second class the other day and that time it didn't hurt at all. It's funny how quickly you get used to it.
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    You definitely want to get a pair of bike shorts, you can find a pair that will work fine for spin class for less than $50. I used to cycling religiously but after hurting my back at work and having back surgery I have been off the bike for about 2 years. I started back at my first spin class in 2 years this week and forgot my cycling shorts. I felt it rather quickly.