Options
2»

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    Do the elliptical or bike or swim if weight bearing cardio hurts. No timeline, it's personal. Strength training will also help as strengthening your muscles around those joints will most likely help reduce that pain.

^^^ OP this is spot on. I started with walking and water aerobics. I still don't do high impact stuff because knee issues.
    spritey86 wrote: »
    I started exercising at 286lbs. My knees, feet and back hurt horribly to the point i wanted to cry on the elliptical. Stationary bike helped loads with my knees - alignment and developing supporting muscle. It does get easier. Every lb that came off made the difference so I'd suggest keep it low impact (elliptical, bike, swimming) and make sure you keep your calorie deficit and it will all feel better.

I am on the verge of breaking 200lbs in weight and I LOVE my exercise now. I went for a quick walk to the shop last night and had a feeling of euphoria at the fact i was walking fast, nothing hurt and I was breathing normally and not sweating like a pig. Give your body time. If it hurts, lower the intensity and keep your diet in check.

Hope this helps. Good luck and stock up on the anti-inflammatory tablets. x

High five! Spritey86 you are doing great. For me getting under 200 is such a big change as far as improving how I feel and how easy it is to move.
  • charity_3
    charity_3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing:-) I'm on day 3 of working out and I'm in so much pain, but its just a LOT of sore muscles. I asked my husband last night about when the pain will go away and he says about 1 week. I sure hope he is right!!!!! I cant believe I'll be working through this pain.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Six weeks to make a habit for me, good or bad. Stick with it for six weeks, and you will quite likely feel better when you do work out than when you don't. Scale down your workouts so you don't get injured, you have to start where you are to get where you are going.
  • janehend
    janehend Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have good shoes. The wrong shoes can cause knee and back pain.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    First, stop whatever involves stairs as exercise if your knees hurt. You do not push through knee pain.
    Second, focus om diet, especially if you believe the weight is stressign your join. No amount of exercise will help as much as diet changes will.
    As for exercise, try swimming if you can, or a bike.
    And most important, try to adopt an active lifestyle, also for your kids sake. Toddlers both enjoy being outside and need to learn to love being active. If rain or cold or heat or whatever, is unusual where you live, of course on these exceptional days, stay indoors. But, if a large part of the year is rainy, cold or very hot etc, prepare for these conditions, get the proper gear, and take these kids outside. It will be good for both them and you.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Also, and I really am hoping not to offend, while I cannot judge your weight from your photo and you actually look very cute to me, the guy with you looks very obese. If this is the kids dad, then this is a good time to review your habits as a family, not just to enjoy your family life more, but also for the kids sake. Inevitably, they will learn from you two, for better or worse. Be more active as a family, change your eating habits as a family.
  • mamakate2kh
    mamakate2kh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Also, and I really am hoping not to offend, while I cannot judge your weight from your photo and you actually look very cute to me, the guy with you looks very obese. If this is the kids dad, then this is a good time to review your habits as a family, not just to enjoy your family life more, but also for the kids sake. Inevitably, they will learn from you two, for better or worse. Be more active as a family, change your eating habits as a family.

I am 5'4" and 290lbs and thank you for being a "larger girl" I gotta admit I have an ego and I think I'm pretty Damn gorgeous.. And yes that Is my husband in the pic he is about 6' and 320lbs now But since this pic was taken he has lost about 70 Lbs due to getting a more physical job. He usually works 14 hour days six days a week so it's me an the kids... Thank God my kids are fruit an veggie lovers so I don't have to worry their.. And honestly I don't think I eat a lot I've just become lazy over the years.