• Rockthatbodyat35
    Rockthatbodyat35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow
    You are an inspiration
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing your Journey with us. :)
  • Ryoungerdays
    Ryoungerdays Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    frantzcr wrote: »
    frantzcr wrote: »
    Dang! Color me jealous and I'm only 21! What was your exercise routine? I gotta know

I have a daughter your age and she asked the same question. LOL!!
    I followed a 12 week program on a website called bodybuilder.com there are tons of free programs there to choose from. It was really helpful!! Look it up and try one.

Did you use a free one? What was the name of the one you used so I can websearch for it. I'm doing an AR7 workout currently but always like to learn new routines

Yes, I used a free program from the website. I combined Jamie Eastons12 week trainer with one from DYMATIZE. I also mixed in a few routines from Ashley Horner. She's tough but effective! Hope this helps! Let's stay in touch!
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are def an inspiration , you look better than most 20 year olds ! You are living proof that anyone can have a fit body at any age - you just have to work for it! I'm a June baby myself, 30 right now and hope I won't look any less fit than you by the time I hit 50
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    50? :o You look amazing! Great job!
  • Ryoungerdays
    Options
    Thanks so much @AidaF430! I appreciate the kind compliment!
  • Ryoungerdays
    Options
    You are def an inspiration , you look better than most 20 year olds ! You are living proof that anyone can have a fit body at any age - you just have to work for it! I'm a June baby myself, 30 right now and hope I won't look any less fit than you by the time I hit 50

So very kind of you! Although I did have to work (out) for it, I enjoyed the journey immensely! I learned so much about my body along with the proper food and dose to give it. It made the workouts more effective and less daunting! I look forward to gym time! Imagine that? Ha Ha!
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hope to look like you at 50!! What was your weight training like??
  • Ryoungerdays
    Options
    You're very kind.
    As far as strength training goes, I followed a 12 week program outlined by a company "DYMATIZE" because I was in a challenge sponsored by them. The program called for exercise of some sort 6 days a week and 1 rest day. There was some cardio daily but strength training was 4 out of 6 days.

There is a website, www.bodybuilder.com that has tons of free training programs and information that I think you will find quite useful. The DYMATIZE program is there also.

Funny thing is, I only lost a net of 6lbs over the 12 weeks. But I went from a size 10 to a 6 and some things a 4. I feel great and I'm happy!

Turning 50 in June and I am not on any medications! THIS IS LIVING!

I hope this helps!
  • sjmorgan153
    sjmorgan153 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look totally fabulous. I'm in awe and you've inspired me to start again..... Kinda lost my way in last couple of months. 50?? No way NO WAY !! Brilliant job x
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Are you a finalist, by any chance? That is one of the challenges where you can win a bunch of $$, correct? If so, I hope you win it! You look amazing.
  • Ryoungerdays
    Options
    Hi there
    Thanks for the compliment and the encouragement! I won't know if I'm a finalist until next week. There were sooooooo many great transformations...I was just excited to finish! LOL
  • Serenade_N
    Serenade_N Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You introduced me to dymatize here. I'm my 5th week. Thank you for sharing.
  • iamom507
    iamom507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! You give me hope. Thank you.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! AHHHHH....MAZING!!!!!! :)
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    U are truly beautiful, tbh I would be happy enough to have your before shape !!! U look very good
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Wisdom and peaceful attitude of a 50 year old and the body of a 20yr old.

Good for you, girl!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I'm so incredibly humbled by all of the kind and encouraging comments! I'm wishing I could FaceTime each of you and personally thank you! I want to inspire and encourage others to live their best life, to defend their "personal time" to get healthier and to not be afraid of succeeding! Thanks again! I'm gonna keep pushing. I hope you will also!

Do you think this is an issue for a lot of people? Why do you think they have that problem?
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    damn. Wow. how YOU doin? :)
  • Ryoungerdays
    Options
    @thisonetimeatthegym
    I do believe many people are afraid of succeeding! I was when I started out l. I felt like I would then feel pressured to "do more" even if I didn't want to because it would be expected of me from others. I quickly got over that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!