What's a typical 1500 calorie day for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1500 these days. My typical day is:
    Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee (280 calories)
    Lunch: Giant salad made with an entire head of romaine, chicken breast, and additional veggies (~ 400 calories)
    Dinner: Meat and at least 2 veg, with a little potato or rice or pasta (~ 800 if I'm careful)
    somewhere in there an individually wrapped chocolate (~ 25-65 calories)

The bulletproof coffee completely kills my appetite until around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and gives me enough energy to work out in the morning. It's sort of like intermittent fasting, but I am getting some morning calories.
    Lunch is a giant bowl of veggies with some protein which is also very filling.
    Dinner is more calorically dense - I cook for my husband as well, and so I try to make this meal more "normal" so he can enjoy it as well.
  • lacyslosing
    lacyslosing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I got a lot of good ideas from this! :smiley:
  • Bettina82
    Bettina82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) my calorie goal is around 1500. I eat a lot of the same things!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Breakfast: 3 egg whites on a whole wheat tortilla, with cheddar cheese and salsa. 300 calories
    Lunch: 1/2 avocado and 1/3 cup garbanzo beans, mashed together, seasoned, and served on a whole wheat tortilla. 340 calories
    Dinner: Varies, around 400-500 calories.
    Snacks: Nonfat greek yogurt. Frozen banana, almond milk, and one scoop of Chocolate Orgain protein shake. 300 calories in snacks. I'll add more if I have a high workout day. I try to eat once every 3 hours. You can add me as well to check out my daily diary.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Mines
    Porridge
    Semi skimmed milk
    Raisins

2 slices whole meal bread
    Reduced fat seafood sauce spread on bread
    King prawns
    Pack crisp

Plum

Chicken slices
    Jacket potatoe
    Mixed veg
    Light mayonnaise

Porridge
    Semi skimmed milk
    Raisins

1/4 pint semi skimmed milk
    Green decaff tea

1.5 hours walking 1/2 hour treadmill 1 hour dog
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    About this:

876g67a2n66q.png

Not always papa burgers though. lol. That was a special treat.
  • stephaniepeake1
    stephaniepeake1 Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My diary is open - on a good day I eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies as you can eat a lot and not accumulate many calories. Usually end up eating between 1200 and 1700 due to exercise. Also I seem to eat a lot more snacks than everybody else...
  • kepoor
    kepoor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything typically the day before or morning of so I know what my day is going to look like. My goal before any exercise is 1510.

I usually keep my breakfast light because I'm just not hungry in the mornings. During weekdays, I will have a cup of coffee with creamer and Greek yogurt. I also usually have 2 cups of green tea throughout the morning while at work.

For lunch, my favorite is a wheat wrap with turkey or chicken, light mayo, a slice of cheese and veggies (usually lettuce, red onion and banana pepper). I usually eat a side of veggies with it- carrots and celery this week with a side of dill veggie dip I make at home. But I also will rotate salads, soup, and leftovers so I don't get bored eating the same thing every day.

I usually have fruit as a snack in the afternoon if I get hungry.

Evenings are what I save my calories for- I know I will want a snack after dinner, so I usually treat myself to some chocolate or popcorn. My dinners really vary- I eat what I use to always eat, but just smaller portions.

• phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1480. I'm happy with 50 calories +/- either way. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast: green tea with lemon, egg, cheese, sirracha sauce, sausage on an English muffin

Lunch: protein (usually chicken, sometimes tuna or beef) with veggies

Snack: Greek yogurt, chia seeds and fruit

Dinner: big salad with chicken

Snack: whatever fits with what I have left. (This is where I eat "crap". It helps me if I can have just a little so I don't deprive myself.) Airpopped pop corn, chocolate, ice cream, cheese and crackers, ect

Plus I have a sports bottle that holds 32oz. I drink 4 of these a day filled with water.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open. I'm at a 1400 daily goal.

Breakfast is usually a mini bagel with 15g light cream cheese and a fruit (varies)
    Lunch is typically leftovers from the previous nights dinner (around 300-400 calories, varies)
    Dinner varies every night. Sometimes I'll go out with a friend, sometimes I'll make hamburger helper, spaghetti, frozen meal, etc (around 400-500 calories)

With the remaining 500 calories or so I spend it on snacks or sweets.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Lots of cans of tuna, a protein shake, a greek yogurt, and some form of carb and fat like a peanut butter sandwich with a cup of milk.

(I know I know. It sounds like a poor college boy diet.)
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I range between 1300-1500. Here's one day last week that was particularly filling (1,483 cals):

Breakfast: 120g nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 52g Honey Almond Flax Koshi, 3 strawberries
    Mid-morning snack: Hard-boiled egg, 2 stalks of celery w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter, skinny mocha from Starbucks
    Lunch: Salad mix w/3oz chicken breast, 30g red onion, 50g red bell pepper, 20g cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp bbq sauce and 1 tbsp fat free ranch dressing
    Mid-afternoon snack: Whey protein shake (chocolate, 1 scoop, with 8 oz of skim milk, 1/2 shelled pistachios
    Dinner: Baked chicken breast (3oz) w/slice of provolone cheese and zucchini noodles
    Dessert: 1 hershey's kiss