OLD photos as profIle photos ....

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a legitimate question since I had "pals" claim photos as themself, especially the guy who tried to use Marc Fitt's body. You are right. I didn't like him because he lied to me. That clearly was not his body. Why do I care? Well because I added him hoping to get fitness advice and he lied about his appearance.

I'm not talking about people who state it's an inspirational photo. That's a totally different topic. I'm talking about the people who outright lie.

If it makes me judgmental to not enjoy being lied to then I'm ok with that.

Funny how sensitive some of you are about this. Then again, I'm pretty easily amused at how you are judging me by calling me judgmental. Thought I was back in church for a minute.

:) have a nice day ya'll.

To be fair, that's not really how you phrased your OP. If you would have stated that you were actually annoyed about people actually lying pretending to be someone else in their profile, most people would probably agree that its odd.

Also, you specifically mentioned people using old photos of themselves as well... not just people using fake photos. I don't think people are being overly sensitive in their replies to you at all.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

1wczd3tvi757.jpg

No overhead angle here. To be fair this photo was taken Decenter 20th and I have lost several pounds since then.

Would bang. 8/10. Librarian. 28.

^ That kinda stuff in chit chat is why people use fake or better looking photos. All about getting mo' assgrabbery.

I post all kinds of pictures of myself. Most the time current pics, but like today it was raining and I felt more country. No biggy.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    1CountryGirl05 Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    1wczd3tvi757.jpg

No overhead angle here. To be fair this photo was taken Decenter 20th and I have lost several pounds since then.

Would bang. 8/10. Librarian. 28.

^ That kinda stuff in chit chat is why people use fake or better looking photos. All about getting mo' assgrabbery.

I post all kinds of pictures of myself. Most the time current pics, but like today it was raining and I felt more country. No biggy.

Thanks .... I think. :) My *kitten* gets grabbed plenty. :smile:
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a compliment. It was an example of lude behavior. Gawwwwd
  • 1CountryGirl05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Now would be a good time to post those butt photos I took this morning with the caption, "kiss my butt" but I won't because I'm sure someone would say they were just taken at a good angle.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    It wasn't a compliment. It was an example of lude behavior. Gawwwwd

Fine then ;-) Lucky for me I don't need MFP for compliments.
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What makes it your business whether somebody uses an old photo of themselves? I personally would rather be friends with someone using an old photo, than someone that shallow. This is my fitness pal not america's next top model, jesus. You're no Tyra Banks. landscape-1448044461-giphy.gif
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    *in for cat fight*
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    I thought it was a legitimate question since I had "pals" claim photos as themself, especially the guy who tried to use Marc Fitt's body. You are right. I didn't like him because he lied to me. That clearly was not his body. Why do I care? Well because I added him hoping to get fitness advice and he lied about his appearance.

I'm not talking about people who state it's an inspirational photo. That's a totally different topic. I'm talking about the people who outright lie.

If it makes me judgmental to not enjoy being lied to then I'm ok with that.

Funny how sensitive some of you are about this. Then again, I'm pretty easily amused at how you are judging me by calling me judgmental. Thought I was back in church for a minute.

:) have a nice day ya'll.

To be fair, that's not really how you phrased your OP. If you would have stated that you were actually annoyed about people actually lying pretending to be someone else in their profile, most people would probably agree that its odd.

Also, you specifically mentioned people using old photos of themselves as well... not just people using fake photos. I don't think people are being overly sensitive in their replies to you at all.

OLD photos that they claim are current! I'm not talking about people who post photos and say this is what I'm hoping to look like again. That's different. And yes, people are being overly sensitive. Why should my opinion matter?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    @1CountryGirl05 - sorry, but you're backpedaling. You started this thread, entitled "OLD photos as profile photos" and you used the word "cheating" in your OP, and now you can't understand why people got all sensitive. So now, all you REALLY meant is that it sucks how that one dude straight-up lied to you.

I don't buy your backpedal. I also don't care that much. And I don't think you wanted actual explanations, anyway.

Don't let my legitimate response get in the way of your shameless flirting, though.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    What makes it your business whether somebody uses an old photo of themselves? I personally would rather be friends with someone using an old photo, than someone that shallow. This is my fitness pal not america's next top model, jesus. You're no Tyra Banks. landscape-1448044461-giphy.gif

Awe, resulting to insults. How adorable. For the record I've been model skinny and it's not my thing so thank goodness I don't look like her.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    *in for cat fight*

Nah, I'm lmao
  • 1CountryGirl05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    *in for cat fight*

Nah, I'm lmao. These people mistakenly believe I actually care when in fact I just got bored and came here to cause trouble. Pretty easy to do! Pretty amusing too.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't care what photo of themselves, their pets, or something else, people use as a profile picture, as long as they aren't pretending to be someone else. My photos are all me, because it's a fitness site. If it were social media, my cats might show up more, because they're more social than I am sometimes.
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    well technically it is social media, but with the aspect towards fitness. Bring all the cats!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    "every picture is of you when you were younger" --Mitch Hedberg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Would bang...like...a lot.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    does it make it worse if the photo is not only not of them but also photoshopped?
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Awe, resulting to insults. How adorable. For the record I've been model skinny and it's not my thing so thank goodness I don't look like her.

Resulting to insults? lol. Did you actually understand anything I said? I think you just twisted it to make a point that you've been 'model skinny' Honestly, get over yourself.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    *in for cat fight*

Nah, I'm lmao. These people mistakenly believe I actually care when in fact I just got bored and came here to cause trouble. Pretty easy to do! Pretty amusing too.

Oh, I get it now, you literally have no life.
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    jalvpixd659m.jpg

I should make this my profile photo

Would get friend zoned......

yup