How much do [i]you[/i] lose overnight?

Options
2»

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Almost always two pounds. I don't check every day or anything, but I find it interesting to see what I weigh after various activities. Exercise, large meals vs. salad, what have you.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cate320 wrote: »
    I don't consistently lose weight every night. My weight bounces all over the place. Sometimes it's less in the evening.

Me too! I hit my lowest point this week during the evening actually, and I wasn't dehydrated, because I drink a ton of water throughout the day.

I'm starting to think my scale is just horrible.

I think it's natural. I've been like that my whole life and I've weighed on many scales throughout that time. If I was guessing, I'd blame hormones but honestly I don't care. It's they way I am.
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I only weigh in once per day...in the morning. If you're weighing yourself in the evening, you are weighing everything you've ingested during the day...so it would be logical that everything is digested and then you released to ensuing waste in the morning that you could be substantially lighter.

That's the weird thing, though. Not to put too fine a point on it, but let's just say that stepping on the scale is the very first thing I do in the morning. It's not the "ensuing waste" that's missing from my morning weigh-ins. Anyway.

And also, I certainly don't usually weigh myself twice a day. I just got in the habit of weighing myself in the mornings and was curious what the difference was.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    2-3 lbs every night. I have been weighing before bed (but not logging it anywhere) this week, just for interest. I'm a data geek!
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice every day, morning and bedtime. I can usually anticipate 1.5-2 lbs less each morning than the night before, unless I went over on sodium the previous day, then it can be 2.5-3 lbs over.
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Usually 1-4 lbs for me overnight. I'm a data geek too.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I almost never weigh myself other times than morning after toilet but when I have I'm 1-2 lbs up in the evening after dinner etc.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1.5-2 lbs for me - I weigh twice a day. The scale doesn't define my diet short term.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I only weigh in once per day...in the morning. If you're weighing yourself in the evening, you are weighing everything you've ingested during the day...so it would be logical that everything is digested and then you released to ensuing waste in the morning that you could be substantially lighter.

That's the weird thing, though. Not to put too fine a point on it, but let's just say that stepping on the scale is the very first thing I do in the morning. It's not the "ensuing waste" that's missing from my morning weigh-ins. Anyway.

And also, I certainly don't usually weigh myself twice a day. I just got in the habit of weighing myself in the mornings and was curious what the difference was.

Well if you are sleeping through the night then you've been fasting for many hours and your body has been burning calories during that time.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates wildly, usually around 4 pounds from morning to night, but sometimes around 6-7 pounds through the day. It depends on how much I've eaten. It makes sense, because we're eating and drinking stuff during the day, and that stuff all weighs something. I weighed several times a day when I started, to get a baseline of what my fluctuations are and what I can expect from day to day. I now only weigh about once a week. I was weighing every morning but I stopped that this year.

Water, food and waste weights are meaningless, so I look at the overall trend rather than daily or hourly fluctuations.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I used to have an app that took your morning afternoon and evening weight to give you your trend weight.
    I kept it for a week, it made me neurotic.
    I am an every morning weigher, and sometimes I will weigh before bed but not always. It's usually after what I consider to be a "bad" day. The change is usually 2-4lbs.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I knew that the time of day I weighed myself made a difference, along with water consumption, etc. but I only recently realized that my weight actually drops an average of 5-8 pounds every night, and then I gain it back during the day, every day.

I assume I'm not a freak of nature, and this happens to other people, too. I wish I'd known it earlier. ("And that's why I'm bothering telling you so.")

How much does your weight fluctuate during the day?

Same as you. My wife, maybe half a pound. As long as your ending up where you want on a longer time frame it's good.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds.

Alcohol dehydrates me, so if I drink the night before I see a 2-4 pounds drop.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself just before bed and first thing in the AM.
    It's always around 3 pounds.