annoyed.

Options
2»

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Its a good strategy to always have a comeback for people who are in your business too much. When someone offers an opinion that I do not welcome, I just say "thats nice" - I know its code for "kitten off"!!!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just don't tell people that I'm trying! I was asked to an evening out and declined because it was an 'all you can eat'.. Imagine telling me, at 260lbs that you can eat as much Chinese food as you like. Do you know how much I can eat, I don't have a shut of valve!! Anyway, I only told that lady because I decided to say no thanks. Even then her response was, well you can have a night off! Never, ok good for you! Arghhhh xx
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    thats exactly why i dont want to do shakes...because its not teaching how to eat properly, so what happens when you go off them.would i love to lose 40 pounds in two months? hell ya i would, but i would rather lose 20 pounds in 2 months knowing i am doing it a sustainable way, even if it takes longer to lose the weight.

I agree with you on the shakes as far as a person not learning what real food you'll need to eat in order to maintain the weight loss, but I drink them because they taste good. They help me get my protein, and they are convenient... I buy the Bolthouse farms already bottled shakes, I also buy they shakes my gym makes and sells with real fruit and yogurts. After a while of 2 shakes a day you'll be craving real food... and it will not be the healthy kind.

You can make you own at home and no one will know :)

And as others stated... I never mentioned my weight loss until someone else noticed and even then I keep it to just "Yep, gotta keep at it, every day is a battle!" End Conversation.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is why I didn't tell ANYONE that I was trying to lose weight for the first 5-6 weeks after I made the commitment. I just quietly did my thing. The only thing they knew was that I was walking more - but they knew it was because I was training for an endurance race I had signed up for that takes place in September. It wasn't until I was 10 pounds down that I even told my husband, much less a few friends and coworkers. At that point, since I had lost 10 pounds, there was no advice for anyone to give since clearly what I was doing worked (CICO).
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hehehehe. That last time someone told me that I "couldn't have something cause your on a diet" I crammed a big *kitten* donut in my pie hole right in front of them...then I had to run and extra couple miles on the treadmill that night. lol.

Just tell the shakes people that God gave us teeth for a reason.

If that fails, throat punching is always an option.

OH MY GAWD ROFL That made me crack up so bad because I pictured you defiantly stuffing the donut in your mouth and now my coworkers are looking at me like I am crazy... I cant quit giggling
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I also didn't tell anybody I was trying (because that's always a sure way to sabotage myself) until I was 4/5 of the way to my goal then I shared my little "only 10lbs to go" victory with a few people. Frankly, I love MFP. First: it's free. Second: I did, in fact, lose 45lbs while still eating candy, cupcakes and fast food and drinking soda. I knew I could never give those things up and be happy. Now I know how many (mini instead of full size) cupcakes I can eat in a "normal" day without having to worry. I can have any dinner at a friend's house and know that it won't kill me. Someone wants to take me out to lunch I know which menu options will fit in my day even if the calories aren't posted on the menu. Pizza party? You bet. Two slices and a light lunch. That is liberating.

(side note: I'm totally lazy and don't work out so there is hope for everyone - barring some medical condition)
  • Spradzilla
    Spradzilla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You might tell the negative people that at least you can lose weight on your own. Tell them "Not so much with those teeth of yours" ha. J/K of course. That wouldn't be nice but it would be funny!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    hehehehe. That last time someone told me that I "couldn't have something cause your on a diet" I crammed a big *kitten* donut in my pie hole right in front of them...then I had to run and extra couple miles on the treadmill that night. lol.

Just tell the shakes people that God gave us teeth for a reason.

If that fails, throat punching is always an option.

You may be my new hero...j/s. :)