Exercise calculation

Options
I'm confused. I'm using a Fitbit to track my steps and a chest strap heart rate monitor to track exercises not accounted for by the fit bit. When I use the HRM I do NOT wear the fit bit. when I do a workout, my fitness pal automatically syncs my workout with my HRM but shows a subtracted amount in my diary for my fit bit adjustment. It seems like my exercise is being zeroed out by the fitbit deduction. Should I be wearing both devices during my workouts? Is the app assuming I'm wearing both and trying to make adjustment?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would you take the fitbit off? Once you add in the exercise as long as you add the proper start and stop time it will adjust accordingly and not double dip.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Why would you take the fitbit off? Once you add in the exercise as long as you add the proper start and stop time it will adjust accordingly and not double dip.

^yeah that is how it is supposed to work. So you should just wear your fitbit and the HRM at the same time.
  • lorijeand
    lorijeand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok. Thanks. I had removed it because I do boxing and it gets in the way of the wraps and gloves.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    lorijeand wrote: »
    Ok. Thanks. I had removed it because I do boxing and it gets in the way of the wraps and gloves.

I push mine up just a bit so it's a little higher on the wrist but still inside the glove. Like above the wrap but below the top of the glove.
  • lorijeand
    lorijeand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll do that next time. I use the Blaze. It's just a little bulky under the gloves. I just didn't realize it would mess up the calculations to do it this way. I figured inactivity on the Fitbit would just balance out. Oh well. I'll get it all figured out eventually.